ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Lunardi 2/14

Pitt2006

Sophomore
Jun 19, 2018
Talks about Miami being completely out with a loss tonight to Clemson. They are 86. I assume Pitt is in between the next 12 out and 86th, whatever that may be as they don’t show up in his first four out, next four out, and next four up..:But I would think they have to be above Miami right now..:

Talks about Miami being completely out with a loss tonight to Clemson. They are 86. I assume Pitt is in between the next 12 out and 86th, whatever that may be as they don’t show up in his first four out, next four out, and next four up..:But I would think they have to be above Miami right now..:

Lunardi is one of the worst. BTW, Jamie on the bubble AGAIN? He's been on the bubble for like 15 consecutive years now. He's surpassed Seth Greenburg.

Wake being the 2nd team out makes no sense. Lets compare them to Pitt:

Wake Pitt
NET 37 53
Quad 1 0-4 2-5
Quad 2 5-4 2-1
Quad 3 5-0 6-2
Quad 4 6-0 6-0
Road 2-6 6-2

Head to head for Pitt if that matters. But why is Wake so far ahead of Pitt in many brackets? NET. They are 16 slots ahead of us. Your NET rank is so important. You can make a good argument for Wake over Pitt. But 10 spots higher? No. That's wrong.

Last edited:

I'm not surprised. As I mentioned in another thread, he was pretty dismissive of the studio guys who were trying to make a case for Pitt last night. At one point he made a snarky comment that what they thought didn't matter because "he knows the math."

Lunardi is one of the worst. BTW, Jamie on the bubble AGAIN? He's been on the bubble for like 15 consecutive years now. He's surpassed Seth Greenburg.

Wake being the 2nd team out makes no sense. Lets compare them to Pitt:

Pitt Wake
NET 53 37
Quad 1 0-4 2-5
Quad 2 5-4 2-1
Quad 3 5-0 6-2
Quad 4 6-0 6-0
Road 2-6 6-2

Head to head for Pitt if that matters. But why is Wake so far ahead of Pitt in many brackets? NET. They are 16 slots ahead of us. Your NET rank is so important. You can make a good argument for Wake over Pitt. But 10 spots higher? No. That's wrong.
Aren't your columns reversed with regards to Quad wins? Your "header" shows Pitt to the left of Wake. The NET is also on the left side, with the correct current number. But your Quad wins are flipped. We have a 2-5 record vs Q1, not Wake ...

BTW, @Sean Miller Fan: do you really exist or are you a form of AI? I can't imagine how you can reply and stay involved in so many posts here. Do you have a job or are you retired?

I'm not surprised. As I mentioned in another thread, he was pretty dismissive of the studio guys who were trying to make a case for Pitt last night. At one point he made a snarky comment that what they thought didn't matter because "he knows the math."
And I guess as of today the math is not in their favor, but it can change. Last year, they had some borderline Q1 wins that fluctuated with Q2. This year, any Q1 wins (@duke, @wake, @clemson, @virginia) will stay q1. They could have a reverse beneficial effect of wake and @ncst victories moving from q2 to q1. We need road GT win to move back up to a Q2 and Cuse to move back up to q1/2. By all love of god we need Mizz to win a game or two and not fall to q4. But with that said, here are some other math comparisons. It is likely the bad losses are hurting Pitt right now and road wins may eventually matter at the end of season

Last 4 byes
Nebras Net 54 Road 1-7 3-5Q1 3-3Q2 11-0 Q3/4

Last4 in
Tcu Net 42 Road 4-3 3-6Q1 1-1Q2 13-0 Q3/4
Miss Net 61 Road 3-5 2-5Q1 2-1Q2 14-0 Q3/4
Utah Net 47 Road 1-5 3-6Q1 4-2Q2 8-1 Q3/4
Nevada Net 49 Road 4-3 5-3Q1 0-2Q2 Q3/4 13-1

Pitt Net 53 Road 6-2 2-5Q1 2-1Q2 12-2 Q3/4

So it seems the Net is almost there, but Pitt either doesn’t haven’t the q1/2 wins yet, or they are being penalized for q3 losses, which they have more. The loss to Mizz was early…, but they do need to win at wake or Clemson to really get on the bubble. However, if Ole Miss is right there, Pitt can’t be too far off.

Aren't your columns reversed with regards to Quad wins? Your "header" shows Pitt to the left of Wake. The NET is also on the left side, with the correct current number. But your Quad wins are flipped. We have a 2-5 record vs Q1, not Wake ...

BTW, @Sean Miller Fan: do you really exist or are you a form of AI? I can't imagine how you can reply and stay involved in so many posts here. Do you have a job or are you retired?

Yes, fixed.

Mystery solved. Pitt is back on the bubble. 82nd overall. So 14 below the cut line right now…

I am surprised to see Gonzaga on the bubble. Seems like forever since that has happened.

I’m surprised ESPN hasn’t gone with a robot type AI to spit out bracketology instead of paying that idiot. It would be less money and more accurate

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Yeah let’s not give this idiot any more airtime here. Just about every other bracketologist is better at their job than Lunardi

Yea. That's about right. Pitt and Wake are extremely close. Wake being 1 ahead makes some sense. Lunardi having them 12 ahead should get him fired for stupidity and laziness. He didnt spend the time comparing 2 teams from the same league, who played, side by side.

Wouldnt an NIT side of the bracket of:

Pitt
Nova
SJU
SHU
Syr
Cincy
Miami
Wake
VT

be fun?

Definitely not "AI", but certainly "MI" (mentally ill).

• Haha
Reactions: Chairman Moe
Yea. That's about right. Pitt and Wake are extremely close. Wake being 1 ahead makes some sense. Lunardi having them 12 ahead should get him fired for stupidity and laziness. He didnt spend the time comparing 2 teams from the same league, who played, side by side.

Wouldnt an NIT side of the bracket of:

Pitt
Nova
SJU
SHU
Syr
Cincy
Miami
Wake
VT

be fun?

Nothing is ever fun about the NIT.

Reactions: GaryMcgheeForThree
I’m surprised ESPN hasn’t gone with a robot type AI to spit out bracketology instead of paying that idiot. It would be less money and more accurate
Why would you assume ESPN wants accuracy? Like every news source, all they want is ratings, facts are not really relevant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT