ADVERTISEMENT

Lazinger's Lists - 2023 FSU

jlazinger

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
That was a tough loss. Especially given how close we could have been with a few less errors. My thoughts:
  • Anyone that didn't watch that game, will come away looking the score and stats and will say we were outclassed. I have to tell you, that was quite a performance given the freaking out/conjecture about how Narduzzi has lost this team. I realize they were minus their first round WR and their #2. But that was NOT the performance of a team that isn't playing for their coach. Whatever you want to say about the talent level, this team played to their absolute peak for most of the game.
  • I think that CV is going to be a solid QB but I think you need to ditch the short/timing routes. His strength is the longer throws. I realize he was under 50%. But he also threw for 244 yards against the #4 team in the country. He is by no means a finished product but the flashes are there for what could be 2 more years of improvement.
  • I watch a game like today and I wonder how it's possible that Hammond gets so few carries. He's out best back and we finally used him a bit more today. I really hope we don't lose him this year.
  • I thought Mump and Means were great today. I realize they both lost fumbles but we were 3 yards away having two 100 yard receivers today.
  • I know in the end we gave up 500 yards of offense but I thought the defense was mostly good today. I'll take 24 points against a team like this, although without 2 major weapons. I though George, McMillan (especially after being run over in quarter 1), Simon, Temple and Woods all played well. 138 rushing wasn't that much on 37 carries.
  • We had a good sense that a bowl was out after the Wake game. I'd like win 4 games at least so we don't feel like this was as bad as it could be...but it was as bad as it could be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News