ADVERTISEMENT

Lazinger's Lists - 2023 Louisville Losing Streak Ender!

jlazinger

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
Great win. The Pitt death star marches along. Some thoughts:
  • Have to start with the QB situation. I'm of the mind that these guys thought Jurk was the best option and I did as well. He looked like a stud in 2020 and I thought he was pretty good in the Wofford game despite some off target throws.
  • I don't know that we could have asked for a better game out of CV. He was shaky to start which is normal nerves but I think 12/26 doesn't really do him justice. It was raining and there were probably close to 7 balls that either should have been caught or were thrown too early and hit WRs in the chest. The timing will get fixed but I thought he was great. The bomb to Means was on the money and the game clincher on 4th down and 5 was just a perfect route and perfect throw. The fact that he's only a soph means the sky is the limit here.
  • Our run game continues to suck but the o line was better on pass pro with a young lineup so I can't really be upset here.
  • Does Means have a covid year? I think he was a juco in 2020 so I'm not sure how that works. I would love to see how him and Kenny Johnson team next year as I thought both were great last night.
  • I know the defense gave up a lot of yards but I thought they played opportunistic and there some great individual performances across the board. McIntyre, Marquis Williams, Hayes, DeShields, Okunlola, Simon, George, Woods, and Devonshire all made great, impact plays.
  • Brohm going for it on 4th and 1 on his own 30 up 7 made no sense to me. I'm all for being aggressive but it has a time and place.
  • Narduzzi culture strikes again! Luckily these kids have more heart that some of the posters on this board. Say what you want about the QB but most of us were saying we might win 2 games this year. I'm going to say it...I think we make a bowl. Yes, I realize 4-2 means no room for error assuming we lose to ND and FSU but I get the sense we have at least one more upset in us and its likely to be Duke or ND. The pass rush isn't what it was in 2021 but you know Hartman is going to remember the ACC title game. Let's start off next week by winning against Wake on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News