ADVERTISEMENT

Lazinger's Lists - 2023 WVU - Brawl Beat down

jlazinger

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
What an awful, awful, awful game. Angry thoughts:
  • This felt like the Bostick year all over again. No confidence of ever getting to 20 points.
  • Our QB is SO BAD. I mean, there is literally no reason to be playing him at this point. Anything is better. Even the basic things you'd expect a redshirt senior to know, like not just throwing it up for grabs, he isn't doing. His second INT was a retread of the INT Slovis threw last year at Lville. Wide open RB in the flat but he forces it and it gets picked. I would almost rather go full time to the wild cat than watch what is happening here. He threw TWO passes last night that looked like it was thrown from a D1 QB. TWO. F'ING TWO! There is a fine line between loyalty and stupidity and we crossed it.
  • We lost to a backup QB last night who completed 6 passes.
  • This isn't the reason we lost but there was a ton of home cooking on the flags last night. But it's also on the team to clean up sloppy play at the worst possible times. Our RB gets a false start on the 4th down we went for it? False start trying to get points at the end of half? I realize its unlikely to have affected the outcome but it didn't help.
  • We aren't going to be a team that just runs the ball all game and wins. Not going to happen. I like Daniel Carter in short yardage and pass pro, but please stop with him running routes.
  • I feel bad for the receivers, I thought Bart and Means seemed to run good routes all game. Mumpfield had 2 more drops last night and that ball sure looked like a fumble.
  • Our D line is really bad right now. I guess the first hint was 5th and 6th year players who didn't see the field all of the sudden "broke through" as starters. But I don't think I saw a single d lineman make a tackle on a run play.
  • Despite not playing well against the run, I thought the defense did a decent job given they knew they couldn't score. But I thought McMillon, DeShields, and Simon played well. Those guys were the difference in a lot of 8 yard runs not going for 20 or longer. McMillon had 18 tackles!
  • I like Kenny Johnson on KO returns and I think he should move to punt return too. Seems to have enough wiggle to make a few guys miss.
  • Didn't matter in the game but just another 2 made FGs for Sauls. Now he's 23/28 in his career.
  • We definitely have a punter. He's only a soph so this should solve that issue for a few years.
  • I'm not in the fire Narduzzi camp. It's not going to happen. Despite the fact that the wounds are self inflicted, he's had enough good seasons to tolerate a bad one. Yes, I know he had had Pickett and that is somehow held against him, especially when he stuck by him, but he did recruit (flip from Temple) and develop him as well as Addison. I also want to remind everyone that we had (granted not nearly as good) NFL level QBs in the past and never won 10 games with them. But there are warts that are more obvious when he doesn't have NFL players which I would assume is the case for most coaches. Good or bad, he's the second winningest coach in Pitt history. Now a fun game would be odds on him getting to 111 :)
  • This season is probably going to into the toilet but I will still watch every game. These kids still play their hearts out for our school and I encourage everyone to root for them. I know it stinks we aren't 3-0 right now when we really should be but nothing would be more Pitt than to come out next week and beat UNC.
  • Lastly, the Drew Allar Heisman talk has died down ha ha.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News