ADVERTISEMENT

Lazinger's Lists - 2024 @ UNC - first ever win in Chapel Thrill

jlazinger

All Conference
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
I am 45 years old and have been a Pitt fan for 23 years. They are 5-0 for the first time since I was 12. Great win...thoughts:
  • I'll say it again. 5-0. Narduzzi, despite a 3-9 record last year, is now 70-50 and 44-31 in the ACC. He's not perfect but he's been a great hire. Changed the way we did things and is reaping the benefits.
  • Eli is the man. Over 1,500 yards passing in 5 games. We had a shade under 2,600 last year in 12 games. I don't think enough attention is being paid to how seamlessly he bounced back after that pick 6.
  • This is a game I feel like Pitt historically loses. Minimum 10 point swing on the pick 6. (Correctly) overturned scoop and score. 17 points right there but they never laid down.
  • I realize Hammond just came back but 4 carries is not enough, especially when we are salting away the game. I didn't love those Reid runs at the end knowing he was playing hurt. But...
  • ...he had over 200 all purpose yards. Man is he fun to watch.
  • Mump had an incredible game. His 427 yards receiving is only about 150 yards short of his total last year.
  • Lee and Poppy also had great games. Now 6 TDs between them.
  • With how close this game was, UNC did us a favor throwing the ball 45 times and running only 35. Even though we stopped Hampton at the end, it was clear he was their best chance.
  • Defense - McMillon, Kyle Louis, Biles, and McIntyre all had great games. I also thought Fitzsimmons was a force. My only nit is our continued inability to turn pressures into sacks. We only had one on the day it was Louis's game sealing one.
  • Did anyone think Sauls was missing at the end? He's 9 for 9...or exactly 2 less than last year already.
  • Junko was fantastic. 50 yards a punt including a booming 59 yarder.
  • I wish we would just run straight on punt returns. We had more penalty yardages on returns than actual return yards.
  • I have no idea if Cal is good but we have to take care of business and get to 6-0 next week. We are now about to be ranked and I would say a good chance at being projected into the playoff is we beat Cal. If I had to project this team, I would say at worst we should finish 9-3 but I think we will be in each game.
  • Great game lair men and women. Looking forward to repenting and a win next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.