ADVERTISEMENT

Lazinger's Lists - Cincy Comeback win on the road - 2024

jlazinger

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
Wow, I still can't believe we won that game. Some thoughts:
  • I know everyone has their opinion about Duzz but his teams are always mentally tough. They never stopped believing even though I'm sure most of us did.
  • I still wasn't out on Holstein, even after the first half because it was his second ever start and it was his first on the road but I thought maybe I was off on his ceiling. Man did he have a hell of a comeback. I would like to note that he already has the same amount of passing TDs as Jurk had last year. We have a stud and I sincerely hope we can keep him after this year but for now, I'm enjoying the biggest advantage you can have as a football team - a great QB.
  • I know I was skewered for saying Reid shouldn't have more than 10-15 carries a game but man is he so good. I still don't think 20 carries a game is realistic for him and I'd prefer a few more pass pass plays but it's clear that he's a total gamebreaker. He already has 410 combined rushing and receiving yards which is almost as much as Flemister had all year last year.
  • Mupfield and Reid were just fantastic as receivers. The catch and run on the 56 yard TD by Reid was thrown, caught, and run to the end zone with perfection. Mump really showed he can be the one we need.
  • I loved that first play to Bart and I thought it was blocked really well.
  • McMillon, Biles, Matlack, Edwards, and Harrison (although that was an awful tackle on the 4th down play) showed some juice. I don't think the D was as bad as it looked and a lot of times the pressure was close to getting home for the QB to throw it away.
  • I never worry when Sauls kicks. He has close to half his made FGs that he did last year.
  • We are a WVU win away from our first 4-0 (I know I shouldn't just look YSU but whatever) OOC start in Pitt history. I know it doesn't matter in rivalry games but WVU might just not be good. They were destroyed by a PSU team that was losing to Bowling Green in the third quarter yesterday. I certainly don't think we are going to go undefeated but I don't really see any games that won't be winnable. I do think Cal and Cuse are better than I expected but I think we can compete with anyone. Would be quite a start for us to already tie our win total from last year this week against WVU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.