ADVERTISEMENT

Lazinger's Lists - Second Consecutive Brawl Miracle Home Ending - 2024

jlazinger

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
That was just unreal. I mean holy crap. Some immediate reactions:
  • So this happened. I DVR'ed the game and my DVR reset to the very beginning in the fourth quarter. Even worse, when I tried to watch it "live", it was on the third quarter and wouldn't fast forward. WTF. LUCKILY, i got the game back on right they drove for the game winning drive on my wife's phone. But f off Fios.
  • Duzz's two biggest strengths are the culture and mental toughness. Not the cleanest game. But never they quit.
  • Ref's were wildly inconsistent. I thought we had a few gifts in the first half but that changed immediately in the second half.
  • I know this was the joke by Zeiss but seriously, we need to start fundraising now. I don't know who to compare him to but he looks to me like Josh Allen with touch. He has started three games since high school about 18 months ago and they were all D-1 and two Big 12 teams and all he has done is thrown for almost 1,000 yards and 9 TDs with 2 picks. We are never going to be out of any game this year with him at QB.
  • IDK how Garrett threw for 3,000 yards last year. Maybe we should have rushed 3 all game with a spy like at the end. He threw three balls that all should have been intercepted.
  • I did not love all of the play calling. Go forward, not backwards. Every time we tried a trick play that involved the ball going backwards, we lost at least 7 yards. The running game wasn't working but the rest of the offense was until whatever the adjustment WVU made in the third quarter. Whatever that end of the half play was that gifted WVU 3 points, don't ever call it again, especially in that situation.
  • For a game that it didn't feel like Reid was not as much of a factor as normal he normally is had 2 touchdowns.
  • Johnson, Mump, and Reynolds all had great games. I don't care if you had one catch. If it's on 2nd and 30 and is a fourth quarter TD that was already called for PI...great game.
  • The defense was inconsistent. But, I think they are good enough at times. We did a nice job with the run game which we thought had a chance to run wild. 191 yards, yes. But on 45 carries.
  • So many names to call out on D - (for the most part great tackling all game) - McMillon, Louis (future star), Biles (future star), Jimmy Scott, Gracio, George, Brookins.
  • Ha ha. Eat a D Gallagher.
  • I don't want Kenny Johnson on KO any more. Punts, fine.
  • I was worried the 7 point flip of the end of half sequence and Poppi basically forgetting he only needed one foot was going to be the difference in a close game.
  • Funny enough, I disagreed with all of the targeting calls. Neal I thought was fine, the other two seemed like they should have stood.
  • You will lose most games you go for 12-122 in penalties. I imagine analytics gives you 7 points for that alone.
  • Obviously we should take care of business next week. I'll be at the game and I'll post what I'm wearing and what I look like. If anyone sees me, feel free to say hi! I want to get to 5-0 but all of the sudden, I can see a world where we are ranked in the college football playoff. It's not totally out of the question (if unlikely) that we could be 9-0 when Clemson comes to Pitt. With the caveat that I didn't watch the other games in the ACC, UNC was up 17-10 going into the 4th against NC Central. UVA had 6 points at half time. Cal yet to play as of typing and BC might be legit. Maybe it's just the euphoria of that win but it feels like a team that knows how to win.
  • I have been rooting for Pitt since 2001...23 years. I have NEVER seen a 4-0 team.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.