ADVERTISEMENT

Leeds U....sa

They should push it to peacock to drive subscriptions! Chelsea, Liverpool and City fans probably already subscribe. People preferring to watch Leeds probably are not.
I think EPL games on Peacock are free. I get them and I sure don't pay them anything.

I have Comcast internet only and I’m not getting the games free on peacock. I called Comcast and apparently they claim I have to pay.

I have Comcast internet only and I’m not getting the games free on peacock. I called Comcast and apparently they claim I have to pay.
Maybe it comes with Comcast TV? I don't see a specific charge on my bill for it, but I have it

I have YouTube TV and Fios Internet. I get EPL games for free and TV shows with ads.
My neighbor is a huge City and Pep fan. He has YouTube and Fios internet like you and doesn’t get the games. I told him to look into It because something doesn’t sound right based on what you’re saying. You get the games live?

I have YouTube tv and Comcast internet. I tried calling them weeks ago and they said I didn’t have the peacock plus and would have to pay. I already pay nearly 100.00 for internet.

That guy apparently never paid any attention to the way that NBC picked the games in the past, because they have always put the big teams games on Peacock as a way to drive subscriptions. I mean just last week the Man U - Liverpool game, that was the only game in it's time slot, was on Peacock and not USA or NBC. Was that because of how popular Leeds is?

I don't know the number, but rest assured that THEY have a number of games of all of those teams that are going to be on Peacock every season, because that's how they justify it for a Man U fan, for instance, to pay them the monthly fee. If the big teams were always or almost always on a linear channel, why would that Man U fan pay for Peacock?

There are a lot of Man U fans (and Liverpool, and Chelsea, etc), and NBC wants their money.

Too bad they didn't show the Liverpool game. I mean it's not every day that you have a chance to see a team try to score double digit goals in a game.

Xfinity finally upgraded my account. Got to catch Haaland score his hat trick. What a pick up for MC.
With the way Chelsea’s spending money with this new owner, I wish he was around last year. Nobody wanted to spend what Dortmund had him valued at. He certainly would have spent the 100 mil plus that it would have taken. Haaland was as big of a slam dunk as there ever was.

Anyone who has Peacock, I encourage you to watch the 2nd half of the Leeds v Bournemouth match from earlier this AM. Holy cow, it doesn’t get much better. Kudos to Jesse and his lads winning 4-3 after going down 3-1 in the 2nd half.
These are 3 huge points that will go a long way toward keeping Leeds up and avoiding relegation.

Anyone who has Peacock, I encourage you to watch the 2nd half of the Leeds v Bournemouth match from earlier this AM. Holy cow, it doesn’t get much better. Kudos to Jesse and his lads winning 4-3 after going down 3-1 in the 2nd half.
These are 3 huge points that will go a long way toward keeping Leeds up and avoiding relegation.

There's actually a Pittsburgh Leeds group which was watching the game in the room next to where we had our game watch. Needless to say they enjoyed that second half.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
There's actually a Pittsburgh Leeds group which was watching the game in the room next to where we had our game watch. Needless to say they enjoyed that second half.
That would have been a lot of fun for sure.

Glad they didn’t all jump on the typical Liverpool bandwagon.
Lol. I’m gonna give you a bit of shit ..,that’s ironic coming from a Man U fan. 3/4’s of my soccer friends are Man U fans because they were the ultimate bandwagon club when Sir Alex had them. I realize Chelsea is a bandwagon club too, but I got attached to them when they were the teaming trying to knock off Man U as the top team in England 20 years ago. How did you become a United fan?

Lol. I’m gonna give you a bit of shit ..,that’s ironic coming from a Man U fan. 3/4’s of my soccer friends are Man U fans because they were the ultimate bandwagon club when Sir Alex had them. I realize Chelsea is a bandwagon club too, but I got attached to them when they were the teaming trying to knock off Man U as the top team in England 20 years ago. How did you become a United fan?
I got hooked on ManU when I was young. As kids my brother and I got to play in Europe quite a bit. He played against ManU youth teams and gave me an old ManU jersey. I’ve been hooked since.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Just curious? Isn't Leeds new to the Premier League the last 2 years, they had been relegated for years I thought? Maybe I'm wrong? So why would there be enough interest to have a fan group in Pittsburgh, unless they were immigrants from Leeds or something :) ?

Just curious? Isn't Leeds new to the Premier League the last 2 years, they had been relegated for years I thought? Maybe I'm wrong? So why would there be enough interest to have a fan group in Pittsburgh, unless they were immigrants from Leeds or something :) ?
Leeds has some history of success in England and in Europe and are a fairly big club. They just fell on tough times and were relegated for a while. My guess is the club was founded by immigrants and then some people jumped on the bandwagon this year.

btw, there are people in Leeds who are comparing Tyler Adams to N’golo Kante. Sounds blasphemous to me, but that’s the chatter. he’s a player we should be excited about in the World Cup and have to hope he stays healthy.

Reactions: jham65
Leeds has some history of success in England and in Europe and are a fairly big club. They just fell on tough times and were relegated for a while. My guess is the club was founded by immigrants and then some people jumped on the bandwagon this year.

btw, there are people in Leeds who are comparing Tyler Adams to N’golo Kante. Sounds blasphemous to me, but that’s the chatter. he’s a player we should be excited about in the World Cup and have to hope he stays healthy.

They probably had like 5 people watching, not a huge group but dedicated and in a small bar you can make a lot of noise.

The guy I talked to isn't from there but has followed them for years (huge Bielsa fan) and may have lived there for a bit. There's always a number of people looking for a new EPL team who don't want to just follow a big team. And the US ties make them appealing (like Fulham years ago)

They probably had like 5 people watching, not a huge group but dedicated and in a small bar you can make a lot of noise.

The guy I talked to has followed them for years (huge Bielsa fan) and may have lived there for a bit. There's always a number of people looking for a new EPL team who don't want to just follow a big team. And the US ties make them appealing (like Fulham years ago)
At which bar do you watch Prem games

At which bar do you watch Prem games
Leo's on the Northside. Former bartender at Pipers runs it, and opens it up even though its officially closed in the AM. He may go back to Pipers if they open but that's uncertain at this point

On Saturday we had our group (Celtic) in the main area with another TV for the dedicated Wolves fan to watch. Side room had Leeds and back room was Bayern. Fun atmosphere.

Most of the non Spurs EPL team groups watch games elsewhere but there are usually at least a few fans of whoever's playing.

Reactions: 121rum
Leo's on the Northside. Former bartender at Pipers runs it, and opens it up even though its officially closed in the AM. He may go back to Pipers if they open but that's uncertain at this point

On Saturday we had our group (Celtic) in the main area with another TV for the dedicated Wolves fan to watch. Side room had Leeds and back room was Bayern. Fun atmosphere.

Most of the non Spurs EPL team groups watch games elsewhere but there are usually at least a few fans of whoever's playing.
I joined the Pittsburgh Blues (Chelsea) because you have to go through them to get tickets for matches at Stamford Bridge. They had game watches at Riley’s Pour House in Carnegie. Last year I went with two buddies to a match there and there was nobody in the bar watching soccer. The owner was salty because they made all kinds of renovations to their bar to accommodate the Chelsea supporters each week. But over time the crowd dwindled away and now no one goes. It’s a shame.

I've been a free lance PL fan the past few years, but I've been trending towards Leeds recently like I assume a lot of other American fans, maybe I should look into this group.

Reactions: brdst11 and Fk_Pitt
I joined the Pittsburgh Blues (Chelsea) because you have to go through them to get tickets for matches at Stamford Bridge. They had game watches at Riley’s Pour House in Carnegie. Last year I went with two buddies to a match there and there was nobody in the bar watching soccer. The owner was salty because they made all kinds of renovations to their bar to accommodate the Chelsea supporters each week. But over time the crowd dwindled away and now no one goes. It’s a shame.
Part of that is why I can't get too excited about European soccer, these games are usually in the morning, I don't want to go to a bar at 10am. I've never been excited to wake up and immediately start watching a sporting event. I never watch those London NFL games that come on at 9:30am either. Or if the World Cup or Olympics are in some place where the games are played really early, if I want to see something, I DVR it and it's easy enough to avoid the score. Like this coming WC, I won't watch games that start at 4am live, no way.

Part of that is why I can't get too excited about European soccer, these games are usually in the morning, I don't want to go to a bar at 10am. I've never been excited to wake up and immediately start watching a sporting event. I never watch those London NFL games that come on at 9:30am either. Or if the World Cup or Olympics are in some place where the games are played really early, if I want to see something, I DVR it and it's easy enough to avoid the score. Like this coming WC, I won't watch games that start at 4am live, no way.
Yeah. We know.

Just curious, are you planning to watch these Qatar WC games live? I think a lot of them are really early in the morning.
The US games are at reasonable times. But I’m up at 6am every day, including weekends. I’m not doing anything else in the early AM, so there’s nothing better to do than watch a game. Plus soccer is 2 hours which is perfect. Pour my coffee and eat my breakfast and it’s over. Now sadly I already looked at the thanksgiving day schedule, and there’s no match worth watching. So we will be stuck with the Macys parade and the Detroit Lions.

Reactions: 121rum
The US games are at reasonable times. But I’m up at 6am every day, including weekends. I’m not doing anything else in the early AM, so there’s nothing better to do than watch a game. Plus soccer is 2 hours which is perfect. Pour my coffee and eat my breakfast and it’s over. Now sadly I already looked at the thanksgiving day schedule, and there’s no match worth watching. So we will be stuck with the Macys parade and the Detroit Lions.
I don't know how people do that; I never want to be awake at 6am. And if it's a really good game that I want to really get into, I'd rather have a few beers than coffee, so morning is not my favorite time for sports, I've even purposely for years, recording noon Pitt games, then watched them 5-6 pm, avoiding the score all day is easy, nobody in Catonsville, Maryland cares about Pitt, and I just tell people I know don't tell me what happened. a lot of those years my daughter also played soccer games those days.

I don't know how people do that; I never want to be awake at 6am. And if it's a really good game that I want to really get into, I'd rather have a few beers than coffee, so morning is not my favorite time for sports, I've even purposely for years, recording noon Pitt games, then watched them 5-6 pm, avoiding the score all day is easy, nobody in Catonsville, Maryland cares about Pitt, and I just tell people I know don't tell me what happened. a lot of those years my daughter also played soccer games those days.
Believe me. I don’t choose to wake up at 6:00. I just can’t help myself. And right now, I’m up at 5AM since the clocks changed. It will take me a few months to adjust.

Believe me. I don’t choose to wake up at 6:00. I just can’t help myself. And right now, I’m up at 5AM since the clocks changed. It will take me a few months to adjust.
I hear people say that, I wake up that early too very often, I just don't need to move, just stay there and fall back asleep. Ever since I went to 100% remote work with the pandemic, I have a hard time getting up by 7:30 anymore :) Weekends I usually get up 9am. unless I stay up really late and I could sleep longer, especially if it's rainy or dark. I was never an early person anyways. I used to force myself up earlier to beat traffic when I had to go in person.

You guys think it’s bad in the East. In California, everything starts 3 hours earlier. For me, it’s not so bad when Barcelona starts at 9 pm, which is their preferred starting time on weekends at the Camp Nou, because that is Noon here. But when they play at Noon or 2 pm, which are the normal start times in the Basque Country and Western Spain, that’s 3 am and 5 am here.

I’ve had to be on Barcelona time the last 3 weeks because we’ve been trying to finalize our Barcelona apartment lease along with starting the process of getting my residency visa. We finally got everything done yesterday. They woke me up at 4 am to wire transfer the premium for the rental insurance (the final step), but they gave me the wrong SWIFT Code for the wire transfer and the wrong address ffor the insurance company (they gave me the bank branch address instead). I ended up Googling the insurance company and getting their main address in Madrid. They got me the correct SWIFT number at 4:45 am and I told them I was sending the wire transfer at 6 am and then going back to sleep. If they didn’t send me the Barcelona address before then, I would use the Madrid one. So at 6 am I sent it with the Madrid address and went to sleep.

When I woke up later there was a message with the Barcelona address. It had come in at 7:30 am, with a message saying “we assume you weren’t serious about that 6 am deadline.” An hour later, after I had cooled down, I replied “I was serious. I sent it at 6 am with the Madrid address. I don’t give a flying fvck whether you get the money or they get it. I did my part. Don’t contact me until next year when the renewal premium is due.”

So that was the final step. No more middle of the night calls. I can finally sleep until a normal hour. And then at 3:40 am this morning I get a call from a medical insurance agent about the private medical insurance I will need to get the Spanish visa.

It never ends.

It's a struggle to get supporter groups matched up with bars that aren't all in on soccer. Many places want to show games at 10am or later but don't want to show earlier games. But to be a supporters bar you really need to show every game. It's why Pipers worked well.

The thing about the World Cup is that there are so many games in the group stages that you can set your calendar to watch just the ones that look like good matchups and with teams you like. But when you get to knockout every game is good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT