ADVERTISEMENT

Legendary wrestling coach needs your prayers, donations

Eric_Knopsnyder

Scholarship
Apr 1, 2022
Stoystown, PA
I worked on this story for the Johnstown paper, and it was a difficult one to write. I've been close to Coach Pecora since he tried to recruit me out of high school. I ultimately chose main campus because I felt like it was a better fit for my career goals, but he never held that against me, and we've had a great relationship over the past 25 years. It's heartbreaking to hear what he's going through.
If you're able, please make a donation to help his family. If cannot do that, your prayers are appreciated.
https://www.tribdem.com/news/former...cle_4fd927a2-4b8f-11ef-8012-ef0b08c31c31.html

Donated! I only wrestled for Coach for one year, but he absolutely made an impact on me. Im not surprised at all that Isaac is heavily involved either. If anyone embodied what Coach wants his guys to be, it was Isaac above anyone else. He went out of his way to try to "be a good map" for me, as Coach always says to his older guys about mentoring the freshmen.

Great man. It was sad not seeing him this year at the UPJ wrestling camp my son went too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT