ADVERTISEMENT

Lessons I wish Narduzzi would learn

The Pitt Oklahoma state game in 2017 might have been the biggest ass kicking pitt has received in the post-majors II era. Ok state could have scored 100 points if they felt like it

That Pitt defense had Hamlin Maddox Mathis Dane Jackson rashad weaver Patrick jones and Jason pinnock. How can you trot out a defense with 5 or 6 solid nfl guys and get beat down that badly?

That game sums up the narduzzi philosophy for me more than any other game
Weaver & Jones really weren't contributers back in 2017.

Pitt sure as hell didn't "refuse to try to score". They went for it twice on 4th down in Wake territory. Once on 4th & 7 and once on 4th and short.
Ok. They tried. They looked like the make a wish kid running the ball, except the defence was actually playing.

There hasn't been accountability on the offensive side of the ball. We watched his team roll out a QB who was completely incapable of playing QB really at any level of college football. He pissed away 4 games that way.
We watched him piss away another game yesterday trying to protect a 10-7 lead by refusing to even try to score.
That buck now stops with him. He gets paid a lot of money, and that isn't good enough. He's stealing money for that level of bullshit.
Again, you're talking execution rather than philosophy. How do you know whether accountability is being demanded in the locker room? Isn't dropping Jurk from starter to 3rd on the depth chart accountability?

Pitt is far from a top ten team. Either of those teams would score in the 30s against Pitt. It's a joke using them in the same thread.
And the low scoring will catch up with OSU.
Ranking is irrelevant when the point is winning with fewer than 21 points.

Pitt sure as hell didn't "refuse to try to score". They went for it twice on 4th down in Wake territory. Once on 4th & 7 and once on 4th and short.

And in both cases we were in Wake territory but not really in field goal range. Going for it in both of those situations is exactly what a coach with even a semi-functioning brain should be doing.

It wasn't some sort of proof that we were going all out on offense, it was some sort of proof that while our coach might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, he's also not as dumb as a stump.

Close, but not quite that dumb.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Again, you're talking execution rather than philosophy. How do you know whether accountability is being demanded in the locker room? Isn't dropping Jurk from starter to 3rd on the depth chart accountability?

Ranking is irrelevant when the point is winning with fewer than 21 points.
Yeah. I guess that's accountability. Sort of like taking away someone's drivers licence after 4 or 5 fatal DUI crashes.

The philosophy is playing offense not to lose. They don't play to win.

Pitt just basically sucks at all phases of football this year. Pat is trying real hard. He's just not good enough.

Yeah. I guess that's accountability. Sort of like taking away someone's drivers licence after 4 or 5 fatal DUI crashes.

The philosophy is playing offense not to lose. They don't play to win.

Pitt just basically sucks at all phases of football this year. Pat is trying real hard. He's just not good enough.
No. His OL and his QB haven't been good enough. I've said for years that Borbely should be fired.

No. His OL and his QB haven't been good enough. I've said for years that Borbely should be fired.
QB was good enough yesterday. He had over 300 yards passing.
Who hires and retains the assistant coaches?
The punter isn't good enough.
The coaching isn't good enough.
The defence isn't good enough when the offense and special teams aren't good enough.

I agree. It doesn't surprise me that you have no idea what you're watching.

When you have one opinion and almost everyone else has a different one, it might be theoretically possible that you are right and everyone else is wrong. But it's not likely.

And in this case you're not.

But you keep selling the idea that Pat Narduzzi's offensive philosophy is to go all out on offense all the time. And the rest of us will keep laughing.

QB was good enough yesterday. He had over 300 yards passing.
Who hires and retains the assistant coaches?
The punter isn't good enough.
The coaching isn't good enough.
The defence isn't good enough when the offense and special teams aren't good enough.

Come on, none of that stuff is the head coach's fault. The head coach really isn't responsible for anything. It's always everyone else's fault.

Really, the only things that the head coach is responsible for are what he writes in his little notebook and watching the tape so he can figure out what happened in the game he just spent the previous three and a half hours watching.

if you didn’t know what you were getting, you’d default to an OC as HC.

It’s an offensive game.

Defensive coordinators frequently are adverse to the kind of offenses it takes today, and not all of them have their “Kiffin” moment.

And a really good OC is going to eventually leave, which means the defensive HC is going to always have to get the hire right every few years.

And offensive coordinators aren’t ask adverse to any particular type of defensive system.

Concern with an OC as HC is if they aren’t good, and now you’re stuck with the offense because he isn’t going to hire an OC. Like Napier at UF right now. Or Richt at the end, when he choose to quit rather than give up play calling duties.
You can win with either. The most important thing is commitment to physicality and winning the line of scrimmage. The rest is talent, which is easily attainable at any blue blood.

That's why Saban, Smart, and Harbaugh win, & will continue to win, and guys like Lincoln Riley are just background noise in national title discussions.

Richt didn't win because his teams were soft.

Too early to judge Napier. Gators still lack talent and the defense has been mostly garbage.

Come on, none of that stuff is the head coach's fault. The head coach really isn't responsible for anything. It's always everyone else's fault.

Really, the only things that the head coach is responsible for are what he writes in his little notebook and watching the tape so he can figure out what happened in the game he just spent the previous three and a half hours watching.
That's awesome.
Pitt should let some make a wish kid coach the team each week. Get them a notebook and send them out to the press conference. That would save them 5.5 million they spend on a gym teacher.

When you have one opinion and almost everyone else has a different one, it might be theoretically possible that you are right and everyone else is wrong. But it's not likely.

But you keep selling the idea that Pat Narduzzi's offensive philosophy is to go all out on offense all the time. And the rest of us will keep laughing.
"Go all out"? What does that even mean?

And in both cases we were in Wake territory but not really in field goal range. Going for it in both of those situations is exactly what a coach with even a semi-functioning brain should be doing.

It wasn't some sort of proof that we were going all out on offense, it was some sort of proof that while our coach might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, he's also not as dumb as a stump.

Close, but not quite that dumb.
Going all out?

How do you define going all out?

That's funny. You seem to think that a handful of people posters who agree with you represent "everyone else".

And I have NEVER said what you claim in the last sentence. Now you're making things up.

You can win with either. The most important thing is commitment to physicality and winning the line of scrimmage. The rest is talent, which is easily attainable at any blue blood.

That's why Saban, Smart, and Harbaugh win, & will continue to win, and guys like Lincoln Riley are just background noise in national title discussions.

Richt didn't win because his teams were soft.

Too early to judge Napier. Gators still lack talent and the defense has been mostly garbage.

You can win with a special teams first HC.

That’s not really my point.

That's awesome.
Pitt should let some make a wish kid coach the team each week. Get them a notebook and send them out to the press conference. That would save them 5.5 million they spend on a gym teacher.

I do think they should hire a WPIAL gym teacher for 200K and spend the $5.5 million on players. I guarantee you that a gym teacher + $5.5 million worth of players would win more games than Narduzzi + $1 million worth of players.

• Haha
Reactions: TD_6082
I do think they should hire a WPIAL gym teacher for 200K and spend the $5.5 million on players. I guarantee you that a gym teacher + $5.5 million worth of players would win more games than Narduzzi + $1 million worth of players.
Another poor take by SMF

Why do you believe Pitt is neglecting offense?

The reality is that Pitt has underrecruited at 1 position - QB. They seem to have identified and nearly brought in a top QB each of the past 3 years - Allar, Minchey, and I can't remember the guy this year. The problem is that the big boys came and got all 3. Pitt will never get the 4-5 star QBs because they all want to go to bigger-name schools.
I believe he is neglecting the offense when he himself said he spends 85% of his time on the defense. He is the freaking head coach not the assistant head coach or defensive coordinator.

I believe he is neglecting the offense when he himself said he spends 85% of his time on the defense. He is the freaking head coach not the assistant head coach or defensive coordinator.
He neglects the offense but hand times the punts himself. What a jagoff!

What do you want him to add to the offense?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT