ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Go Narduzzi, We Need to Start Seeing More Players Drafted

Possibly Kentucky is becoming more competition there (for the Ohio tier that OSU doesn't have space for)? Just a guess.
just crunched numbers here. Using classes of '16 - '19, 4 classes. the state of PA accounts for under 25% of our recruits. 22 of 87.. that's low.. I just randomly picked some classes from walt, wanny and chryst and they all had 9-10+ PA recruits..

Narduzzi classes the last class had 4 kids from PA, 6 in '18. I know this crap is cyclical but I see a definite trend.. we'll find out if that's good or bad..

Reactions: cashisking884
Re attendance: Pitt's drawing from the same geographic radius it was drawing from in the '70s. but the population within that radius has declined. So, unless we're going to manage to steal fans from WVU and PSU . . .

Reactions: cashisking884
Isn't that the same? Maybe I don't understand what you're asking.

The following numbers are examples, but they should illustrate my question better than what I wrote earlier.

Tennessee has 100 football players, and 50 are D1 prospects. 50% of the players are D1, but that's only 50 players.

Florida has 1000 football players, and 300 are D1 prospects. 30% are D1 prospects, but the number is much greater.

Percentage and total numbers aren't necessarily the same.

Reactions: pittdan77
The following numbers are examples, but they should illustrate my question better than what I wrote earlier.

Tennessee has 100 football players, and 50 are D1 prospects. 50% of the players are D1, but that's only 50 players.

Florida has 1000 football players, and 300 are D1 prospects. 30% are D1 prospects, but the number is much greater.

Percentage and total numbers aren't necessarily the same.

That helps with explaining the question but I'm not sure how to answer it. I think it depends on if the kids from Tennessee live to play at UT or if they're open to going elsewhere. Florida kids don't seem to care where they play.

I think it also matters what a D1 prospect looks like. Florida may, in this example, have 300 D1 prospects but only a handful are rated 0.87 or better. If the WPIAL has 20 D1 prospects and they're all 0.87 or better, it changes your approach. So the nuances cause your question to fall apart. I guess it feels more situational than anything.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
That helps with explaining the question but I'm not sure how to answer it. I think it depends on if the kids from Tennessee live to play at UT or if they're open to going elsewhere. Florida kids don't seem to care where they play.

I think it also matters what a D1 prospect looks like. Florida may, in this example, have 300 D1 prospects but only a handful are rated 0.87 or better. If the WPIAL has 20 D1 prospects and they're all 0.87 or better, it changes your approach. So the nuances cause your question to fall apart. I guess it feels more situational than anything.
It's hard for me to understand why any kid would rather play for any school, home state or not, rather than Pitt. :)

Reactions: pittdan77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT