ADVERTISEMENT

Little things that bother me when we start losing

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
1. Not talking about injuries. There is no advantage to be gained by this except if there was a super important player that you wanted to keep the other team guessing on. As a fan, I like to have an idea of what the significance of injuries are. I am a season ticket holder and a donor. In a small way, this is MY team also.

2. Not allowing media to watch Fall Camp besides stretching. I didn't even read any of the Trib, PG, Lair articles about camp. I just watched the Live Wire interviews because the journalists wouldn't have anything more to offer because they arent given access. BTW, Im ok with the PSU week shut down. 1 week a year, its fine.

I used to love reading those daily articles on the different position battles or which frosh looks good but Narduzzi locks us out.

If we win, then I look the other way on this. If you dont win, then you better do the little things to keep the fans happy

You shouldn’t look the other way even if they win. Blogs by Gorman and Zeise were awesome and got the fanbase excited for the season.

A smart coach uses the media to get the Pitt name in the paper headlines as much as possible. Kids in HS think things in the paper are extremely important and “cool”.

Our coach likes to think he works for the cia, like he has some master scheme and secret weapon he needs to make sure doesn’t get out.

Duzz has zero argument when he subtly hints the media doesn’t give him favorable coverage when 1) he effectively does everything he can to shut them out and 2) he hasn’t won a damn thing since he’s been here

Duzz has zero argument when he subtly hints the media doesn’t give him favorable coverage when 1) he effectively does everything he can to shut them out and 2) he hasn’t won a damn thing since he’s been here
True

Hasn’t won a damn thing? Beating #2 Clemson?

You’re nuts

I’m not pleased either but I’m not taking away some pretty nice upsets they’ve achieved either

1. Not talking about injuries. There is no advantage to be gained by this except if there was a super important player that you wanted to keep the other team guessing on. As a fan, I like to have an idea of what the significance of injuries are. I am a season ticket holder and a donor. In a small way, this is MY team also.

2. Not allowing media to watch Fall Camp besides stretching. I didn't even read any of the Trib, PG, Lair articles about camp. I just watched the Live Wire interviews because the journalists wouldn't have anything more to offer because they arent given access. BTW, Im ok with the PSU week shut down. 1 week a year, its fine.

I used to love reading those daily articles on the different position battles or which frosh looks good but Narduzzi locks us out.

If we win, then I look the other way on this. If you dont win, then you better do the little things to keep the fans happy
I totally agree about the Narduzzi lockout. I think it creates a lot of Negative Goodwill. What the heck does he have to hide? Nothing.

You’re nuts

I’m not pleased either but I’m not taking away some pretty nice upsets they’ve achieved either
The Clemson win was a fluke. Watson was playing with severely bruised ribs and was totally immobile. If you remember, he had a career day (650+ yards). If they had only thrown a pass on either of the last 2 plays of their final drive, they make a first down and Pitt never gets the ball back.

The PSU win that year was due to the shock put on them by the unveiling of Matt Canada's new offense. They didn't know what hit them until halftime, and then PSU almost pulled it out.

Those two wins were lots of fun, but we quickly forget just how fragile they were. Narduzzi was lucky with both of them. Without Canada, he gets blown out in both games.

Pitt beat Clemson fair and square it wasn't a fluke.OC Canada had their number even while at NC State. Both teams made errors in the game and coaching mistakes so I dont want to hear it was a fluke.

Pitt beat Clemson fair and square it wasn't a fluke.OC Canada had their number even while at NC State. Both teams made errors in the game and coaching mistakes so I dont want to hear it was a fluke.
I was thrilled by that game like everyone ... and if we still had Canada, or at least played offense remotely close to that now (no, a token WR sweep once a half isn't the same), I would agree. That offense was beautiful and formidable to ANYONE who wouldhave faced it, so not a fluke in that regard. I feel like Mickey imploring Rocky in Rocky 2 to do it again. Alas no.

I would likewise hope you might agree, that if we walked in there today with the offense we're currently running, it would be beyond fluky to win it. It would almost have to be a Black Sox scandal.

You’re nuts

Winning one game means diddly. We play in the weakest division in P5. Win the division. Win a nice bowl. Upsets don't make a season.

Reactions: Large Panther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT