ADVERTISEMENT

Local media outraged!!!

They probably want to interview Pitt players in hopes of getting some bulletin board material out it, to give the pedophiles a little fire under them. Remember, in this game, they are heavy favorites and their heads are huge as they feel they will be in the CFP this year. They have everything to lose in this game. We really have nothing to lose because most expect them to light us up. We will be loose and they will be tight, especially if we get a good start. The media is probably already working on their storyline, "Pitt slammed by mighty Ped. ST."

Reactions: DiehardPanther
When any one of these media clowns can coach even a middle school team to one victory, their opinion may matter just a hair. The only thing outrageous is how sensitive these fruitcakes are to how the guy getting paid to run a football team is running his football team. Maybe he would let them talk if the media personalities weren't such incompetent wannabes.

All over twitter last night, local writers are "outraged" over Narduzzi's decision to keep his players away from the media in the run up to the PSU game.

Who cares? I certainly don't. Is anyone's life affected because there won't be any Max Browne quotes this week? No Ffrench sound bites? Say it ain't so!!!

I get it. It's the world that the reporters live in. So they are pissed. But they need to understand that we don't care. Their job is to report to us...but if Narduzzi wants to repeat what worked for him last year, so be it. Furthermore, maybe these reporters should care more about Pitt football the other 360 days per year.

No worries, Acosta will come in and scream over E.J. and get to the bottom of this major slight.

All over twitter last night, local writers are "outraged" over Narduzzi's decision to keep his players away from the media in the run up to the PSU game.

Who cares? I certainly don't. Is anyone's life affected because there won't be any Max Browne quotes this week? No Ffrench sound bites? Say it ain't so!!!

I get it. It's the world that the reporters live in. So they are pissed. But they need to understand that we don't care. Their job is to report to us...but if Narduzzi wants to repeat what worked for him last year, so be it. Furthermore, maybe these reporters should care more about Pitt football the other 360 days per year.
It means that they have to do their own work for a change.
Imagine that.

Reactions: Jtommyj
It's fair for reporters to be upset considering getting quotes is part of their jobs. Also, aren't you the slightest bit curious how the players feel about this game or that speaking to the media before a rivalry game is a part of the learning experience as a college football player?

I want Pitt coverage and there is a less of it with this sorta of ridiculous play by Narduzzi. Already in this thread the entire idea of the "media outrage" is being deflected to "they hate Pitt" and "they never say anything bad about Penn State." Who cares? They're offering Pitt coverage now and we don't get to hear what the players think about this game.

Narduzzi will be doing the talking. He'll be the voice of the team. Not like the media won't be getting any information from Pitt. Didn't PN already do a press conference today?

Why would you want to talk about Pitt with someone whose knowledge of college sports would fit into a thimble with plenty of room left over for his oversized thumb?
Well yeah, my point. Kind of stupid of him to think no Pitt fans call because no one is interested. Just not interested in talking to a guy who plays a character on the radio about it.

The local fishwrappers that Mrs Buffett and I pick up at our hotel never seem to have a positive PITT story even when there's good stuff to talk about

Last year the Nitters got like a front page in the PG and PITT was on I think the second half of pg. #3 and the season was going ok for PITT.

On our way to and from Pittsburgh we used to listen to The Fan 93.7 but they rarely provide objective, informative, or interesting coverage of PITT even when things are going well for PITT. So we now listen to ZZ Top, Buffett, George Thorogood & The Delaware Destroyers CD's instead.

If its bad news its covered, if its good news its a "fluke" and ignored!

Newspapers are a tough business. The writers hang on every player's or coach's word just to print and sell a story. The more controversial the better. This is the media world we live in. It is further fueled by social media. The press before a big game is almost as big as the game itself these days.

What the media should understand is that it is still a privilege to cover a college sports team. That is a privilege granted by the head coach. His job is to win football games and lead his players. I am surprised he lets any of his players speak to the media from week to week with the spin that any talented writer can place on an 18 or 19 yo's quote. And I don't care what they have to say either. They represent my alma mater on the football field not rhetoric. I could use less bad grammar and cliche talk anyway.

As for those of you who complain that they never write anything good about Pitt football, what good things would you like? The last 20-30+ years can be summed up by the word mediocrity. Given the first paragraph, how do write about that and get people to read?

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Last year the Nitters got like a front page in the PG and PITT was on I think the second half of pg. #3 and the season was going ok for PITT.

Well, considering so many Pitt fans in this thread don't care what the players and assistant coaches have to say, it's easy to understand why Penn State gets on the front page and Pitt is buried. Those fans clearly want to read about their team and Pitt fans don't.

When do any of the local media heap unconditional praise upon pitt (like what occurs in almost every other college town?) Hell I live 2 hrs away from State college and the local tv and print media slurp every Penn State story up. Take the time to look online on a Saturday and Sunday at the patriot news and the york daily record (2 locals near me). Nothing but wall to wall Penn State slurp pieces. So cry me a river to any Pittsburgh media type that doesn't have access to players this week. I would never ask for pitt fluff pieces....all that I would ask is that when the Pittsburgh media is writing about the Steelers pre season game or the 110th pirate game of the year, that they don't take the time to throw a garbage sentence or two about pitt attendance or pitt struggling against ysu. I actually have pretty low standards. Until then though, they can all go pound sand.

Yep and I've seen enough evidence elsewhere that Pgh is unique in the bashing horsecrap.... so each wah wah ... Pgh media

Newspapers are a tough business. The writers hang on every player's or coach's word just to print and sell a story. The more controversial the better. This is the media world we live in. It is further fueled by social media. The press before a big game is almost as big as the game itself these days.

What the media should understand is that it is still a privilege to cover a college sports team. That is a privilege granted by the head coach. His job is to win football games and lead his players. I am surprised he lets any of his players speak to the media from week to week with the spin that any talented writer can place on an 18 or 19 yo's quote. And I don't care what they have to say either. They represent my alma mater on the football field not rhetoric. I could use less bad grammar and cliche talk anyway.

As for those of you who complain that they never write anything good about Pitt football, what good things would you like? The last 20-30+ years can be summed up by the word mediocrity. Given the first paragraph, how do write about that and get people to read?
Mediocrity describes the vast majority of programs in the country.... are all their media sources enormous thorns in those schools sides while singularly washing balls on another program in their respective state? Nope. Pgh media is made up of biased Paterno worshippers and it shows....

Reactions: Pittx9

Or they could become students of the game and write based on their knowledge. any person who relies on the excited utterances of 17-22 year olds to make their living gives me the creeps. Most cases, people who rely on 17-22 year olds for their living are either ex cons or soon to become cons.

Well, considering so many Pitt fans in this thread don't care what the players and assistant coaches have to say, it's easy to understand why Penn State gets on the front page and Pitt is buried. Those fans clearly want to read about their team and Pitt fans don't.

As a Pitt fan I clearly want to read about the team, but if our coach thinks it is important to keep players and assistant coaches out of the media for this one week out of the year, I support him (whether I agree with him or not) and refuse to get bent out of shape over it.

If that's how you feel then don't read their columns. If you don't read than they don't write because they get fired.

Mediocrity for 30 years is the vast majority of college football? Not for a program that boasts 9 national championships. Not for a program in the "City of Champions." We are talking about a team that never even won the Big East outright. A generation has passed since the last national championship. I have been a season ticket holder for 23 years and there was 1 ten win season in that span and 1 relevant bowl game. What's their to write about?

If that's how you feel then don't read their columns. If you don't read than they don't write because they get fired.

Mediocrity for 30 years is the vast majority of college football? Not for a program that boasts 9 national championships. Not for a program in the "City of Champions." We are talking about a team that never even won the Big East outright. A generation has passed since the last national championship. I have been a season ticket holder for 23 years and there was 1 ten win season in that span and 1 relevant bowl game. What's their to write about?
I don't read them nor do I listen. Moreover, most of what you find on the pay portion of this site you can collect elsewhere.
I'm that way with every team now...not just Pitt. Show me the final score. That's all I need.

The vast majority are mediocre... and how many of those programs has a title in the past 30?years?

Pitt fans acting like not getting a national title every year or 30 equals excuse for non support

Pgh media being biased to PSU has nothing to do with my feelings

It's a fact jack

And on radio the one " Pitt guy" can't manage at all to hide his Syracuse roots in the name of professionalism

Reactions: HOF Coach
These guys all want to run over to the south side and get a few quotes to bookend the article they already wrote that almost nobody will read anyway. Rossi was making the most noise and he doesn't even cover the team. It's just a reason to complain and boost their Twitter feed.

Look, I grew up with one of these guys (you all would know his name). He doesn't cover Pitt at all but will swipe at them on Twitter and admits it's kind of the inside joke because none of the major outlets really care about Pitt. They would rather fill column inches speculating on a contract that Levon Bell will never sign or when Huntingdon will get his raise.

If Pitt wins, there won't be much of a peep regardless. If Pitt loses, and goes 1-3 to open, expect the first "hot seat" speculation article to fly at any moment.

That's the Pittsburgh media.

Reactions: HOF Coach
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT