ADVERTISEMENT

Long but compelling OTL article about Louisville and Adidas....

Nothing. Nothing will really come of it. The NCAA wants no part of punishing its members. Though you would think Louisville, being a decent name, but not really a blue blood big money program would be a nice trophy for the NCAA if they so wish.

Nothing. Nothing will really come of it. The NCAA wants no part of punishing its members. Though you would think Louisville, being a decent name, but not really a blue blood big money program would be a nice trophy for the NCAA if they so wish.
This is the Feds not the NCAA though. Not sure "nothing" will be the final result.

Pull up your favorite leather arm chair, get a big mug of coffee ( with or without Baileys ) and read a tremendous article on Louisville. Going to take you 20 minutes with full attention but well worth your time.

Jurich is unbelievable and pocketed huge money.

Look, I think all really big time programs cheat. But those schools in the larger cities with corporate HQ and money, AND no pro teams.....I think those are likely your biggest culprits. Louisville, especially with Big Tobacky, fits this model to a T. Columbus Oh is another. Birmingham, AL (I know Alabama is in Tuscaloosa but you understand), Austin Tx, etc....

To me it is natural. These big money guys are used to getting their own way, used to buying things they want and well it makes for good entertainment to watch a good team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT