ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville banner absurdity

I know football traditionally is a little different in deciding a national championship, but: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...17-national-champions-banner-spectrum-stadium

I meant I didn't have a problem with Louisville hanging a #1 in Final Poll banner but that they should just hang the NC banner because what's the NCAA going to do? Write them a mean letter? Michigan should hang their Fab Five banners too. The NCAA has decided to look the other way on pay for play so pay for play violations should be retroactively removed.

For UCF, whatever. They finished 1st in some obscure ranking and didn't get a chance to play for a mythical national championship (remember the NCAA does not crown an FBS champion) so Im cool with them calling themselves National Champs

I meant I didn't have a problem with Louisville hanging a #1 in Final Poll banner but that they should just hang the NC banner because what's the NCAA going to do? Write them a mean letter? Michigan should hang their Fab Five banners too. The NCAA has decided to look the other way on pay for play so pay for play violations should be retroactively removed.

For UCF, whatever. They finished 1st in some obscure ranking and didn't get a chance to play for a mythical national championship (remember the NCAA does not crown an FBS champion) so Im cool with them calling themselves National Champs
Louisville isn't national champions, though, so it is a lie. It was taken from them. That is the penalty for cheating.

Louisville isn't national champions, though, so it is a lie. It was taken from them. That is the penalty for cheating.

It’s not something you can really take though. Yes, you can remove it from the record books but they were still national champions in most people’s eyes, right or wrong.

But the banner doesn't say national champions. It is says they finished #1 in whatever poll it was. Which is true.

They're the champs. And did they even "cheat?" I dont even really remember why that was taken. Wasnt it due to strippergate? Banging strippers didnt make them win the NC

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
They're the champs. And did they even "cheat?" I dont even really remember why that was taken. Wasnt it due to strippergate? Banging strippers didnt make them win the NC
The NCAA awards the championship, and they took it away. That is all that matters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT