ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Gurads Turn the ball over..

ksquared33

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2013
often in every game...yet their coach encourages them to play to their strengths which is speed, quickness...JD has got to start allowing certain players on our team to develop their God-given abilities..Instead of trying to make Newkirk into JRob. You can see Newkirk always wanting to break loose yet always having to look over his shoulder. He is constantly being forced to play a game that does not fit his abilities...no wonder more supremely talented athletes are not eager to become Panthers. JD is a good coach but I think at times he handcuffs his players ...the guy is very anal when it comes to keeping his imprint on each & every possession.
Pitino has mentored & encouraged both Jones & Rozier to take advantage of their strengths which is speed, quickness & athletic ability... Even now those 2 still turn the ball over very often but the TO's are part of what they do so well which is put enormous pressure on opposing defenses for 40 minutes.
We have a player that is just a Soph that JD is trying to turn into JRob when Newkirk is a carbon copy of both Jones & Rozier as a young player....and people wonder why more supremely athleticly talented kid's are not choosing to come to Pitt.... JD has got to start allowing certain players to play to their strengths. This has got to begin in the out of season workouts so it's part of the gameplan come the season.
Is their any set where Josh has a clear out so he can go one on one...? I mean tell me he cannot get by anyone if JD told(believed in him) him it was his play...

Hail to PITT !!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.