ADVERTISEMENT

Well the Louisville free bingo square is over

JD1976

Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2005
Kenny Payne expected to be out today, which is to no one’s surprise.

Where do they go? As nice as it has been to kick their ass for 2 years, the ACC really needs Louisville to nail this hire. Cronin?

Yeah we need these bottom feeders Ville, FSU, ND to rise up.

I think all 3 will shortly especially ND

That's a weird thing for me to accept, because I've kind of taken a liking to this whole winning thing. Teams like Louisville, ND, and NC State have been such a thorn in our side in the past.

That’s only because we’ve been so bad from Stallings through at least 3 Capel years.

Honestly if we don’t make the tourney this season, it’s Ville, ND, FSU fault. Especially FSU. Can’t go .500 in league and .500 in OOC

Watch for Scott Drew here. Rumblings of late there is some momentum towards that...

Drew is good but Louisville has to do better. And you'd think he brings too much risk considering he has also completed the now fashionable 0-18 in league play (a trend Stallings started that everyone seems to be copying).

Needs to be Oats, Cronin, Pearl, Wade, someone like that. What about TJ Otzelberger? Louisville should be able to "select" their head coach and you'd think they'd over-correct here and go big.

That's a weird thing for me to accept, because I've kind of taken a liking to this whole winning thing. Teams like Louisville, ND, and NC State have been such a thorn in our side in the past.

Think of it this way. If they had a NET of 28 and we went 1-1 against them, we're in right now. Sure, we could go 0-2 vs teams like that but you need those Q1 opportunities. Even if they were an NIT at 70, that's a Q1 on the road.

Drew is good but Louisville has to do better. And you'd think he brings too much risk considering he has also completed the now fashionable 0-18 in league play (a trend Stallings started that everyone seems to be copying).

Needs to be Oats, Cronin, Pearl, Wade, someone like that. What about TJ Otzelberger? Louisville should be able to "select" their head coach and you'd think they'd over-correct here and go big.
Drew would be a home run hire. You couldn’t be serious.

Kenny Payne expected to be out today, which is to no one’s surprise.

Where do they go? As nice as it has been to kick their ass for 2 years, the ACC really needs Louisville to nail this hire. Cronin?
You never know. When Louisville hired Chris Mack, he was supposed to be the guy to have them up there.

It’s not easy to predict what coaches will be able to have consistent success with rosters being subject to big changes every year.

Drew would be a home run hire. You couldn’t be serious.

I think Louisville can go out and pay for the best coach reasonably available. Why shouldn't they pay more for Oats than Bama? I think Drew would be good but he did go 0-18. I know he lost Darius Garland but he had a Kenny Payne-type year already.

Cronin can coach but he is also an abusive piece of crap. They will pass on Cronin.

Scott Drew has built a monster at Baylor and won a title in 2021. Bryce Drew is at Grand Canyon. Hiring Scott Drew would be a much better coach than any of the guys you mentioned, considering hes won a freaking title.

ND can get better, NC State can get better, FSU can get better....I hope Louisville stinks to high hell forever.

He must’ve thought it was the other Drew, who I would assume takes over at Baylor if Scott leaves.

Yea. Holy crap if Louisville hires Scott Drew, its a wrap. That's exactly what the ACC needs. The bottom still needs to get better. I never liked Stoudemire at GT, not sure what their afficiciation is with Arizona grads. Miami, FSU, and NC St will open soon enough and they need to make SEC type hire. I think Earl Grant is a good coach but he has an impossible job. I think he'd do well at a southern ACC job.

Yea. Holy crap if Louisville hires Scott Drew, its a wrap. That's exactly what the ACC needs. The bottom still needs to get better. I never liked Stoudemire at GT, not sure what their afficiciation is with Arizona grads. Miami, FSU, and NC St will open soon enough and they need to make SEC type hire. I think Earl Grant is a good coach but he has an impossible job. I think he'd do well at a southern ACC job.

I'm not saying it isn't more difficult, but why is it harder for BC basketball to win than it is for, say, any Big East school? I mean I get their football program sucking, but why does basketball have to be next to impossible? Again, not saying it isn't - just asking.

I'm not saying it isn't more difficult, but why is it harder for BC basketball to win than it is for, say, any Big East school? I mean I get their football program sucking, but why does basketball have to be next to impossible? Again, not saying it isn't - just asking.

There's no fanbase, no juice. And I would think their basketball budget is lower than most. Now with NIL, how is BC going to have enough fanboy donors to buy players? The ACC brand works against them in the Big East. Northeast kids would rather play in the Big East or an established brand in the ACC, Big Ten, or SEC.

At 10 mill per, as rumored, for 10 years and all of the inherent advantages of being at Louisville including being closer to his native Indiana… I would think he’s a fool to turn it down.

But 95 percent of coaches are weird… so who knows

Louisville appeased its boosters with Payne, now it’s time to make a blue blood hire. I hadn’t thought about Scott Drew, but holy hell would that be a slam dunk (obviously)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT