ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville on probation for 4 years; Pitino suspended first 4 games....

Pitt gets a win...Pitino has to miss its game against us....I jest...I jest...

Pitt gets a win...Pitino has to miss its game against us....I jest...I jest...

Isn't it more likely to work the other way around? After all, we are Pitt.

Pitt is Pitino's first game back as coach, and instead of beating us by 55 they beat us by 65.

Isn't it more likely to work the other way around? After all, we are Pitt.

Pitt is Pitino's first game back as coach, and instead of beating us by 55 they beat us by 65.

Pitino and Louisville whining about how unfair and excessive the NCAA is being with their sanctions. Louisville is appealing. Appeal is because when they identify all games that ineligible players played they might forfeit as many as 115 games including the 2013 championship game.

Reactions: pitt-girl
Pitino and Louisville whining about how unfair and excessive the NCAA is being with their sanctions. Louisville is appealing. Appeal is because when they identify all games that ineligible players played they might forfeit as many as 115 games including the 2013 championship game.

The NCAA rolling over to PSU set the precedent. No reason now for programs to just take hit, whey roll over when you can fight it tooth and nail and probably get out of some of it.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
It pays to cheat.

It does, I'd gladly have my national championship VACATED, I'd still have it on DVD, still rewatch it and celebrate it and still wear my championship t shirt and still brag about it. It would be worth it.

Also, they have to rebooted
It does, I'd gladly have my national championship VACATED, I'd still have it on DVD, still rewatch it and celebrate it and still wear my championship t shirt and still brag about it. It would be worth it.
Exactly. "Vacated" wins or titles are pathetic charades. And make no mistake the NCAA knows it too. The only deterrent to bad behavior is to make the offending program suffer CURRENT OR FUTURE consequences. Immediate and future forfeits. Which as noted above, if decades of institutionally sanctioned and enabled child sexual assaults don't bring that, or anything else at all , as it turned out ... merely providing strippers surely doesn't warrant anything. Louisville SHOULD fight it.

And Pitt would be wise to add it to its recruiting repertoire tout suite. Maybe we could fill our damn roster.

So they got 1 self-imposed tourney ban?

Sanctions have become an absolute joke. If you're not cheating, I'd question why you're even in the business.

And even still some of their fans aresaying Pitino is getting a raw deal......Never underestimate the low intelligence level of the average sports fan ( see PSU )

So they got 1 self-imposed tourney ban?

Sanctions have become an absolute joke. If you're not cheating, I'd question why you're even in the business.
I guess that living up to the Pitt motto, "truth and virtue," does not cut it these days.

I think the proper punishment would be something along the lines of you played ineligible players in four different seasons, you get four season's worth of probation, meaning a full post season ban for those years.

And if you really want to make punishments like that stick, suspend the coach for as many seasons as his team gets probation. Louisville gets four years of probation for using ineligible players in four different season? Pitino is suspended for four seasons. I'll bet he'd pay a little more attention to his assistant coach providing hookers and blow for players and recruits if that was the potential punishment awaiting him.

You can blame Pitino for " lack of institutional control " , but there's just too much moola involved and cheaters get paid more because they win more . As long as there's this much money at stake there will be cheaters therefore cheating will never go away . Do it like baseball or football third violation ban for life .

I think the proper punishment would be something along the lines of you played ineligible players in four different seasons, you get four season's worth of probation, meaning a full post season ban for those years.

And if you really want to make punishments like that stick, suspend the coach for as many seasons as his team gets probation. Louisville gets four years of probation for using ineligible players in four different season? Pitino is suspended for four seasons. I'll bet he'd pay a little more attention to his assistant coach providing hookers and blow for players and recruits if that was the potential punishment awaiting him.
Well as long as UNC is touting their 2005 NC with a player who openly admits to academic fraud, then if I'm a Louisville fan, I'd complain too. Just food for thought.

Reactions: MoTownPanther
Everyone knows who won and does taking away accomplishments yrs after the fact really matter ? Those thinking that sex isn't used in recruiting raging hormonal teenage boys is putting their " heads " in the sand .

Well as long as UNC is touting their 2005 NC with a player who openly admits to academic fraud, then if I'm a Louisville fan, I'd complain too. Just food for thought.

First off, who cares if their fans complain? Secondly, the fact that someone else hasn't been punished for cheating is no excuse not to punish someone else for cheating. After all, one of these decades the NCAA might finally do something about North Carolina's cheating.

First off, who cares if their fans complain? Secondly, the fact that someone else hasn't been punished for cheating is no excuse not to punish someone else for cheating. After all, one of these decades the NCAA might finally do something about North Carolina's cheating.
Totally agree. Just throwing out how I'd probably feel if I was a Louisville fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT