ADVERTISEMENT

LSU S Derrick Davis transferring to Pitt? (Not yet)

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
At least according to 247Sports he is. Davis is a Gateway alum and just finished his sophomore season with the Tigers. Nice catch by this Twitter user (not me!). Can anyone corroborate this?

Is Derrick Davis in the portal? If not, then Pitt shouldn’t be in contact with Davis. I’d love to have him, but It should be done the right way. Especially after the Addison fiasco….

Is Derrick Davis in the portal? If not, then Pitt shouldn’t be in contact with Davis. I’d love to have him, but It should be done the right way. Especially after the Addison fiasco….

The one where there was clear tampering and exactly zero repercussions? We should be whoring ourselves out to every SEC roster whether they're in the portal or not.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Apparently Davis wants to play RB. If he believes in his ability and saw what Izzy did then this is the spot for him.

Reactions: Parkview57
Apparently Davis wants to play RB. If he believes in his ability and saw what Izzy did then this is the spot for him.
Thought he was tight with the PSU guy dahn the street? Probably not speaking since the LSU selection. Lol.

Reactions: 4upmc
We should keep using this system. WPIAL players might not get the same training as these guys from more football rich regions. Send our 4 stars off for 2 years of training down south then bring them back when they are ready to play.

Reactions: Dan1911
Narduzzi doesn't need another asst coach.
Dooz's phone call and big bag of money from a top tier program should be coming along any minute now.

360_F_27177008_KtLw7bdX0s7FOYop9t6R9fr0f3Z4lFkv.jpg

I'll take Davis and pass on McMillon.

Really? I'd probably do the exact opposite. McMillon, though I realize he wants to play safety, is a tailor made star linebacker in our defense. I think he would do exceptional there. Maybe you work him in at that nickel spot and eventually convince him that LB is the move.

Davis doesn't really have a position. He'll get a shot at RB, I guess, but is he any better than Salahuddin, AJ Davis, etc.? I don't think he's all that twitchy.

I’d imagine lot’s of guys would want to get away from Kelly.

Starting with QBs and video camera operators.

Really? I'd probably do the exact opposite. McMillon, though I realize he wants to play safety, is a tailor made star linebacker in our defense. I think he would do exceptional there. Maybe you work him in at that nickel spot and eventually convince him that LB is the move.

Davis doesn't really have a position. He'll get a shot at RB, I guess, but is he any better than Salahuddin, AJ Davis, etc.? I don't think he's all that twitchy.
I saw McMillon play in HS and was not impressed. Never stuck his head in a pile, didn't hit anyone, and generally avoided contact. I was honestly shocked at how passive he was.

I didn't see anything that fit on this defense, but what the hell do I know since Pitt offered again when he went into the portal.

I saw McMillon play in HS and was not impressed. Never stuck his head in a pile, didn't hit anyone, and generally avoided contact. I was honestly shocked at how passive he was.

I didn't see anything that fit on this defense, but what the hell do I know since Pitt offered again when he went into the portal.

Seems like the Pitt coaches are way more sure about McMillon right now than Davis. Personally, I was impressed by McMillon's tape (which largely consisted of UF practices, but still).

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I look at it like this:

Our running backs next year are Hammond and Flemister. We're also bringing in at least one freshman (Lloyd) who doesn't even play RB in high school and potentially looking to add another freshman to the class.

So we definitely need to add another transfer to the mix for production purposes. At the same time, five is probably the maximum number of spots you want to devote to that position. So can we afford to take a guy at the position who we're not even sure can play it? I don't know. I guess that will be for them to decide. I don't know that I could fault them if they brought in someone with more experience instead, though.

The Jurk couldn't sniff the field in 2 years at ND so he transferred to a bottom barrel P5 where his body of work can best be described as lackluster. Now he's the next one year band aid at Pitt.

And you're laughing at Kelly.
I wasn't laughing at him. I was pointing out the irony of your post.

I'll take them all. Make practice a shark tank. Let the best who survive see the field on Saturday.

I'm meh on both Davis and McMillon, I think. Davis was the far better HS player, but his high rating was as a safety, and he doesn't play that position, apparently. McMillon was overrated, I thought at the time, but I only saw him play once.

I'm skeptical of the guys who come from big programs and bail out. I'd truthfully rather have a kid who went to a lower program, balled out in a big way, and now is looking to move up. If LSU and Florida aren't fighting (paying) to keep those two guys, they probably aren't going to move the needle here much. I get that there are exceptions like Devonshire, but that to me isn't typical.

I don't buy the whole coming-home thing. Neither of them gave a crap about home when they left.

Reactions: sdnp
Another perspective:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT