ADVERTISEMENT

LSU S Derrick Davis transferring to Pitt? (Not yet)

Another perspective:

This reads like a 5th grader wrote it.

I look at it like this:

Our running backs next year are Hammond and Flemister. We're also bringing in at least one freshman (Lloyd) who doesn't even play RB in high school and potentially looking to add another freshman to the class.

So we definitely need to add another transfer to the mix for production purposes. At the same time, five is probably the maximum number of spots you want to devote to that position. So can we afford to take a guy at the position who we're not even sure can play it? I don't know. I guess that will be for them to decide. I don't know that I could fault them if they brought in someone with more experience instead, though

Is it assumed Vincent Davis won't be back?

Is it assumed Vincent Davis won't be back?
Seems that way…he ended up 4th team. To me he is welcome to stay but he may want to play more his final year. Maybe schools near home FIU or Florida Atlantic will make him the #1 guy.

Reactions: FireballZ
You don’t actually care either way
You have made that clear
Because there is some mystery slight you imagine Pitt has caused you
Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. I seem to say that to you a lot. Because you seem to think that you know me. LOL.

I have been one of Narduzzi's strongest supporters since he was hired.

Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. I seem to say that to you a lot. Because you seem to think that you know me. LOL.

I have been one of Narduzzi's strongest supporters since he was hired.
But not with witv donations or tickets
Just posts
Is that actually support ?

I'm meh on both Davis and McMillon, I think. Davis was the far better HS player, but his high rating was as a safety, and he doesn't play that position, apparently. McMillon was overrated, I thought at the time, but I only saw him play once.

I'm skeptical of the guys who come from big programs and bail out. I'd truthfully rather have a kid who went to a lower program, balled out in a big way, and now is looking to move up. If LSU and Florida aren't fighting (paying) to keep those two guys, they probably aren't going to move the needle here much. I get that there are exceptions like Devonshire, but that to me isn't typical.

I don't buy the whole coming-home thing. Neither of them gave a crap about home when they left.
I do note that the SEC schools both McMillon and Davis committed to had different head coaches at the time of their commitments. I am more sympathetic as to why they would have a change of heart under those circumstances. Without knowing more facts, I would have been less sympathetic to Devonshire given that he didn't face this same issue that McMillon and Davis are up against.

DBs leaving home to the SEC
Might as well be Germany
They never played, in Oakland they should have stayed
Walkin in a Grass isnt Always Greener Land

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT