ADVERTISEMENT

Lucky nitters

SteelBowl70

Redshirt
Mar 12, 2016
Another last second win which doesn’t help the cause. They were the last team in. Down 35-19 they hit a lucky 3 right before the half and then down 5 late, they win at the buzzer again on a rebound after a missed 3.

The top of the Big 10 keeps rehabilitating the bubble teams. Northwestern will probably lose to Rutgers and Indiana to Michigan tonight. Wisky plays at Minnesota. Lunardi has all these teams behind Pitt going into today.

I do not get how a 10-10 10th place team in a conference which lost the challenge with the ACC is in the field. How can this conference have potentially twice as many teams in than the ACC?

Last edited:
Reactions: W1np1tt and gary2
No reason to be a little bitch about it. They have a guard that is better than anybody on this Pitt team. I don;t care what happens to PSU, I care about Pitt.

Take MSU for example. They beat Kentucky solid not great win. They lost by one to Gonzaga solid loss. They beat Villanova by two which isn’t awesome. They got kind of blown out by Alabama. They got run off the floor by ND. They barely beat Portland who are awful and barely beat oregon.

For some reason they are solidly in and Pitt is looked at as a bubble team but their resume is not particularly great

The good news is that the tournament can answer the question of the strength of the BIG. The real question is if the BIG craps the bed again in March will anything be reevaluated? Same thing happened last year and nothing changed. I’m not expecting the big to be shut out of the elite eight but if they get none in and 6 or 7 are gone in the first weekend there needs to be some reevaluating how they determine conference strength

Indiana doing its duty and losing to Michigan now

I’ve never seen a conference following a script to ensure the maximum teams get consideration. Northwestern next up to lose to Rutgers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT