ADVERTISEMENT

Article Lyke on the ACC Network, Heinz Field, season tickets and more

I am sure Swofford told all the AD's to go call their cable companies to put pressure on. I'll do my part and give them a few calls but I'm not worried. Comcast will add it the day before the launch. If they dont have it by the first time I would have to miss a Pitt game, I will simply switch to YouTube TV who will probably have it by then.

Cable companies may well add the channel in this region but sure as heel not because the Pitt AD calls em...

The better bet might be for Lyke to leak rumors that PSU is going to jump to the ACC!

I will give her credit. She is trying to get the fans excited. I was against her at first but I am really starting to like her

I am sure Swofford told all the AD's to go call their cable companies to put pressure on. I'll do my part and give them a few calls but I'm not worried. Comcast will add it the day before the launch. If they dont have it by the first time I would have to miss a Pitt game, I will simply switch to YouTube TV who will probably have it by then.

Dish Network signed up with the SEC Network in March of the year it launched - just 6 months before SECN went on air.

Cox Communications, Comcast and Time Warner all waited until July of that year - just ONE month before launch...

DirecTV signed up with the SEC Network just 10 days before launch...

Mediacom, which serves the big SEC footprint states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri and Tennessee signed up the day the network actually launched.

Verizon Fios didn't sign up until 12 days later - just two days before the SEC Network’s first football game, between Texas A&M and South Carolina

Dish Network signed up with the SEC Network in March of the year it launched - just 6 months before SECN went on air.

Cox Communications, Comcast and Time Warner all waited until July of that year - just ONE month before launch...

DirecTV signed up with the SEC Network just 10 days before launch...

Mediacom, which serves the big SEC footprint states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri and Tennessee signed up the day the network actually launched.

Verizon Fios didn't sign up until 12 days later - just two days before the SEC Network’s first football game, between Texas A&M and South Carolina

A lot of the providers will go to the last minute. As lyke said, some providers dont have contracts that end at launch, so those may be delayed unless they there is a lot of pressure.

I want to make sure I heard this right. Its up to us fans to call our cable company and demand they carry the ACC Network. Ya...right.

That's how it typically works. That's why the sec network launch was so successful.

Then Pitt stands no chance. I dont know why anyone would want to pay to see such a mediocre product. I'd watch volleyball or wrestling though...the only two Pitt sports programs that finished ranked and have bright futures.

I want to make sure I heard this right. Its up to us fans to call our cable company and demand they carry the ACC Network. Ya...right.
What, you don't remember the "I want my MTV!" Campaign of the 80s? Maybe if Pete Townshend and Cyndi Lauper admonishes us to call the cable company we'll do it!

As soon as the season starts and fans see their team on this channel and they dont get it, then you will see a flood of calls.
Not worried either, this channel will be a huge success for the ACC.

Reactions: H2P-2007
I don't really expect it to be made part of mainstream packages by the companies in the WPA region, as the B10 network is. Just not enough broad demands for Pitt sports. Maybe if there are enough VT alums in the region too (and that suggests to be sizable). Sprinkling of Dukies and Tarheels and Cavs in the region may be vocal too. If WVU were in the conference, it would also help. But since Pitt sports stink, the biggest feasible contingent that might call and sway the decision, likely won't bother. Maybe I'll be surprised. Don't expect to be though.

Of course for those who want to buy the most elite Comcast or Fios packages it'll likely be possible to get.

Chris, I don’t think this was touched on, but was there any mention from Lyke of where Pitt stands with the facilities plan?

WTH... unless you live south of the Mason Dixon line this seems to be a really lame roll-out. Put my zip in... nada. grep'd 'stream' and got nothing. I guess it's Hulu or nothing.

I don't really expect it to be made part of mainstream packages by the companies in the WPA region, as the B10 network is. Just not enough broad demands for Pitt sports. Maybe if there are enough VT alums in the region too (and that suggests to be sizable). Sprinkling of Dukies and Tarheels and Cavs in the region may be vocal too. If WVU were in the conference, it would also help. But since Pitt sports stink, the biggest feasible contingent that might call and sway the decision, likely won't bother. Maybe I'll be surprised. Don't expect to be though.

Of course for those who want to buy the most elite Comcast or Fios packages it'll likely be possible to get.
Not apart of the mainstream in Pgh ? Its already on Direct TV and Verizon.... Comcast will come on eventually .. what else do you want ? Also on PS Vue and Hulu. Seems all bases covered in Western PA. Dish Network will get it too guaranteed. If you get the SECN , you will get the ACCN.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePanthers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT