ADVERTISEMENT

Mack Brown washed up

tetonpanther

Freshman
Sep 26, 2005
With possibly the first player to be drafted next year the heels managed a just above mediocre 8-4 record. Brown needs to move on to the Villages if
Of wherever the hell washed up coaches matriculate.

With possibly the first player to be drafted next year the heels managed a just above mediocre 8-4 record. Brown needs to move on to the Villages if
Of wherever the hell washed up coaches matriculate.
1st reaction that came to me reading your post….calling UNC’s 8-4 record mediocre. Most on here would call an 8-4 record for Pitt a success in any year.

1st reaction that came to me reading your post….calling UNC’s 8-4 record mediocre. Most on here would call an 8-4 record for Pitt a success in any year.
Pitt finished 8-4 last year and many considered that a disappointment given the talent they had on that team. Could say the same about 2016 too. Similar idea with UNC here, maybe even more-so considering they had one of the best QB’s in the country.

That said, after this year I don’t think as many Pitt fans will be taking those 7-8 win seasons for granted. Especially those of us in our 20s-30s who either weren’t around or were too young to remember this team ever going a season winning less than 5 games before this one.

Well, it was saying 8-4 with an elite NFL QB prospect. How much coaching does Mack do and how much is being a figurehead?

Well, it was saying 8-4 with an elite NFL QB prospect. How much coaching does Mack do and how much is being a figurehead?
QB or other position, can’t say our Pitt Panthers haven’t had our share of good to elite individual players that went on to solid if not elite NFL careers.

But I‘ll still say, regardless of who we’ve had on our team, including an elite QB, the majority of Pitt fans seen to be conditioned into thinking 8-4 is a good year, definitely a very small minority that would ever think of 8-4 as mediocre.

And for the record, I consider myself one of the small minority that could look at such a season as mediocre depending on the circumstances.

Mack Brown a great recruiter but lousy game day coach, has always been that way. You could almost always count on his teams “Mack Browning” away at least one game a year.

Reactions: GlennEM
QB or other position, can’t say our Pitt Panthers haven’t had our share of good to elite individual players that went on to solid if not elite NFL careers.

But I‘ll still say, regardless of who we’ve had on our team, including an elite QB, the majority of Pitt fans seen to be conditioned into thinking 8-4 is a good year, definitely a very small minority that would ever think of 8-4 as mediocre.

And for the record, I consider myself one of the small minority that could look at such a season as mediocre depending on the circumstances.
Realistically, I want 8 wins to be the baseline for Pitt. In the ACC, having a QB like Drake Maye should mean competing for the ACC title.

Mack is a total CEO coach. He let's his assistants do their thing and Mack spends his time building culture, placating donors, (for recruiting) and procuring talent., Mack shows up for HC duties on game day. He's very hands off. That's straight from his brother Watson, who says he was just the opposite to a fault.

Mack is a total CEO coach. He let's his assistants do their thing and Mack spends his time building culture, placating donors, (for recruiting) and procuring talent., Mack shows up for HC duties on game day. He's very hands off. That's straight from his brother Watson, who says he was just the opposite to a fault.
I think probably that style is the way it's going, though. With a full staff and a bunch of "analysts" that are now allowed to coach, and given how much other BS they have to deal with, I think all of the great coaches are just going to be CEO's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT