ADVERTISEMENT

Mandel and the athletic predict a last place finish for pitt.

How long have you been a Pitt fan? Free ones? There is no such thing.

Kent State is bad even for the MAC.

But fair enough. We did require a late 4th down conversion to defeat an FCS Delaware team that lost 42-7 to Elon the following week (in addition to a YSU loss and plenty other lowlights).

Even if Pitt goes 5-7…how is the seat not getting warm for Narduzzi? 8 wins in 2 years would begin bordering on embarrassing. Like some will undoubtedly point out, Pitt likes to act like it’s poor, which is all the cover Narduzzi supports will need to protect him.

Reactions: 303vND
We're starting off with two free ones. It would be pretty difficult to pull off 3-9 again. 5-7 I could see, but not 3-9 (not saying you're predicting that; it just feels unlikely to a point where it's not even worth discussing).

Yep. Even if the team is bad, there are a lot of bad teams on the schedule.

There would have to be insanely bad turnover luck over the course of the season for 3-9.
And while that does happen to several teams each year, it’s impossible to predict, outside of a return to a normal level compared to the previous season. So you’d almost have to be predicting that which is impossible to predict, to have 3-9.

7-5. Typical Pitt year. We beat WVU and lose one of the layup games. We beat Clemson and lose to the worst ACC team with their backup quarterback throwing dimes for a half.

I tend to agree with this. Although I think a loss to WVU, season will look kind of bleak, and then an upset like you mention against Clemson. Maybe a season like 2004 with low expectations and a slow start but a good finish to have a decent season.

It's impossible to give predictions anymore with the transfer rule.
Nice read here about the QB's.

It's impossible to give predictions anymore with the transfer rule.
Nice read here about the QB's.

How is the transfer rule impacting August predictions?

Idk, are you aware of the hundreds of players that transferred between schools that Pitt will play and how they will mesh together ?
If so, my apologizes.

I don’t get paid to do that.

Also most transfers are JAGs that don’t move the needle.

You think Boston College has some transfer that greatly moves the ceiling or floor of that team? Without knowing their transfers, I’m going to say “No.”

Looking at the schedule, and thinking of a typical Pitt team in terms of quality/skill, I say 8-4. However, when I sit back and think about how ridiculously bad we looked last year, a new offense, and a lack of new 'star power' via the portal/recruiting, I have to say 5-7.

I know we brought in a bunch of new players. And some of them may be difference makers, but they will have to prove that because none are coming in with big-time reputations.

For those predicting 7-8 wins, you may want to read today's 3-2-1 column and re-calibrate.

Reading between the lines in the column, the O is currently an ineffectual mess and has all of 2 weeks to turn it around. The starting QB job is undecided. The D apparently looks pretty good but consider what they're going against in camp.

Pencil in wins at your own peril.

Reactions: PITTstorm
For those predicting 7-8 wins, you may want to read today's 3-2-1 column and re-calibrate.

Reading between the lines in the column, the O is currently an ineffectual mess and has all of 2 weeks to turn it around. The starting QB job is undecided. The D apparently looks pretty good but consider what they're going against in camp.

You're more than reading between the lines. You're completely making stuff up.

Peak even predicted 8-5 in that article.

You don’t think we will be at or near the bottom of the acc?
Based on what ?
All this talent and depth we have ? Narduzzi’s schematic brilliance ?
Pitt had everything go wrong that could go wrong last year and it still could easily have won 7 games.

They’ll go bowling this year easy. The rest of the schedule is mediocre AF.

Pitt had everything go wrong that could go wrong last year and it still could easily have won 7 games.

They’ll go bowling this year easy. The rest of the schedule is mediocre AF.
I hope you’re right .
So - you should make a killing in Vegas !

This is like saying how do the players impact predictions? What the hell.
Cash is king dawg.. 😆

Huh? I’m saying it’s mostly shuffling deck chairs.
And if I was getting paid to have a firm grasp of the transfer portal and player rosters, I probably would.

There aren’t *that* many teams you’d need to know.

I don't see how a third of almost every roster that will be new is shuffling deck chairs.
Pitt starting QB could be a transfer, that almost no one on this board has scene throw a pass yet .

I don't see how a third of almost every roster that will be new is shuffling deck chairs.
Pitt starting QB could be a transfer, that almost no one on this board has scene throw a pass yet .

Lots of teams are starting QBs without experience. Do you think that makes it impossible to project?

Most transfers suck. They are cannon fodder. Just another guy. They don’t move any kind of needle.

It’s simply crazy to think you need to know all of them, to have some idea at projecting.

Vegas has a O-U win total for teams right now you can bet on. I promise you, it’s probably going to be close to reality for most teams when the season is over.

Yep. I didn't read the column, but it's been alluded to multiple times, and people keep ignoring it.

Wouldn't shock me one bit if we're abandoning tempo by early October on account of too many three and outs with not time taken off the clock.

The starting QB job is undecided.

Either’s Peak’s claims that the Alabama practice squad reports about Holstein were really good, are true.

Or

The reporting that Holstein was so bad at Bama that they were going to move him to H-Back are true.

Whichever one you believe, probably determines how happy you are to hear it’s a real QB battle.

Last edited:
Either’s Peak’s claims that the practice squad reports about Holstein were really good, are true.

Or

The reporting that Holstein was so bad at Bama that they were going to move him to H-Back are true.

Whichever one you believe, probably determines how happy you are to hear it’s a real QB battle.
The Alabama stuff is a myth that is kept alive by the Narduzzi-haters here.

The Alabama stuff is a myth that is kept alive by the Narduzzi-haters here.

The first person I saw tweet it was Bud Elliot the day Holstein announced his intention to transfer.

I was listening to the Cover 3 Podcast just last week and Elliot said the reason he’s taking the “Over” for Pitt is *because* the feedback he got from pre-Pitt Holstein was so bad, he’s taking comfort in Yarnell winning the job.

Elliot is not a Narduzzi hater.

The first person I saw tweet it was Bud Elliot the day Holstein announced his intention to transfer.

I was listening to the Cover 3 Podcast just last week and Elliot said the reason he’s taking the “Over” for Pitt is *because* the feedback he got from pre-Pitt Holstein was so bad, he’s taking comfort in Yarnell winning the job.

Elliot is not a Narduzzi hater.
LOL

You're more than reading between the lines. You're completely making stuff up.

Peak even predicted 8-5 in that article.
Tone of the overall article was more like Peak is rethinking that position after seeing the #1 offense perform in the Sunday scrimmage. After spending an entire segment discussing how bad the O looked in that scrimmage—and let’s face it, he is typically generous in his assessments of the team he covers—he said this:

I keep going with 8-5, but really, who knows until we see what the offense can do.

Tone of the overall article was more like Peak is rethinking that position after seeing the #1 offense perform in the Sunday scrimmage. After spending an entire segment discussing how bad the O looked in that scrimmage—and let’s face it, he is typically generous in his assessments of the team he covers—he said this:

I keep going with 8-5, but really, who knows until we see what the offense can do.
I wasn't aware the he was allowed to see the scrimmage. Huh.

His 8-5 record should account for the offense not being good.

It was so horrific last year, even a pretty big improvement would still be a “bad” offense.

And there’s no real reason to feel good about a pretty big improvement, even before the practice reports.

Whatever the season prediction, it can’t be dependent on the offense making the kind of jump that few offenses make in one season.

The offense struggling pretty badly should be built into the prediction.

It’s also weird to pick the results of an unknown game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT