ADVERTISEMENT

Manny Stocker

Aug 24, 2001
I see on the depth chart Manny Stocker is again listed as the back-up quarterback. Did anyone else notice that Manny was on the kickoff return team on Saturday?

Does it make sense to have the back-up QB out there on a kick off return?

Why not, the kid is a 1 year rental, not a back-up that will start for 2 years. I am willing to bet he wants action in his last year of football, and he is a good athlete so why not.

The question we should be answering is why a player who at 2 other schools played another posistion but at Pitt he is 2nd string QB.

Reactions: dave97
I don't like the fact that the #2 qb is a senior, does not help next years qb get experience is he that much better then DiNucci or MacVittie or even Adzima don't know anything about Adzima, we could go into next year with a qb with no college game snaps,

I don't like the fact that the #2 qb is a senior, does not help next years qb get experience is he that much better then DiNucci or MacVittie or even Adzima don't know anything about Adzima, we could go into next year with a qb with no college game snaps,
Except they probably want to redshirt MacVittie unless there is a longterm injury to Peterman. Why burn it for garbage snaps? I expect if there is a longterm injury (please don't happen) to Peterman MacVittie or DiNucci would be the real QB for the rest of the season or, at the least, get significant in game snaps.

Except they probably want to redshirt MacVittie unless there is a longterm injury to Peterman. Why burn it for garbage snaps? I expect if there is a longterm injury (please don't happen) to Peterman MacVittie or DiNucci would be the real QB for the rest of the season or, at the least, get significant in game snaps.
Yeah I think thats the plan. A half or game and they will play Stocker. A long term injury and they will give macvittie a shot.

Reactions: bwh05
The stocker downfield blocking on QDOGS big return against PedSU was #8.

I watched that replay numerous times just because it was so huge and loud. Have not seen or heard Heinz like that since sweet lou against #5VT.

Both games awesome live and replay!!

We will also have the S. Florida transfer on board next year.

Well... I think Stocker as the back up IS A GREAT CHOICE. First off, he knows Canada's system better than any QB on the staff. Secondly, if Peterman goes down, Stocker comes in and can use his legs right away to get into the game and nerves off him, much like Voytik did. I think that kinda QB is perfect for the #2 guy. It isnt like we have air coryell going on here... relax

Reactions: doubleAA's
I agree. I dont think we have enough scrub type games to get him into the game, but would be nice to see him run a package sometime

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT