ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Cuban is selling the Mavericks?

He's a Big Ten guy. Remember? More likely to give Indiana a ton of dough, than Pitt.

He went to Pitt as a freshman and still is a fan, somewhat, of the teams. Is he going to give us a ton of money? Probably not. But you never know. I've always thought our best chance at a stadium would have to be a joint MLS/Pitt stadium. Maybe he can bring an MLS team to Pgh.

$3.5 for 60% of a team he bought from Ross Perot 24 years ago for a mere $285M.
Not a bad deal considering he still gets to run the day to day operations.

The values of sports teams have gone up exponentially. Even NHL and MLS franchises are going for Saudi type money.

$3.5 for 60% of a team he bought from Ross Perot 24 years ago for a mere $285M.
Not a bad deal considering he still gets to run the day to day operations.
That’ll be interesting. Read earlier there’s no contractual language but technically a new guy is the team’s governor and Cuban will be the alternate governor.

First, he is t giving Pitt much. Second, Pitt would tell him they don't have space for a stadium. Third, perhaps he is selling his stake in order to make a run for President?

You forgot buying the "O".
cuban-o-1024x554.png

He's too smart of a businessman and he knows that the return on investment for giving to Pitt athletics is zero.

First, he is t giving Pitt much. Second, Pitt would tell him they don't have space for a stadium. Third, perhaps he is selling his stake in order to make a run for President?

He is far too smart and qualified for such a job as POTUS. Only utter morons apply for that

He's too smart of a businessman and he knows that the return on investment for giving to Pitt athletics is zero.

Obviously the ROI is 0 but some billionaires donate money for a 0 ROI. Its not like this impossible idea that a billionaire would give a hometown university a big donation for sports. Will it happen? No. But its not impossible.

This is why I say though he needs to buy an MLS team and build a 40K seat Pitt/MLS stadium. Then your ROI isnt 0.

Reactions: Tucker99
$3.5 billion coming his way. Heather may want to make a call.

Mark Cuban Stadium in Oakland?
Pitt Guy on the Buyers Side

The top corporate officer for the Adelsons is a Pitt guy Rob Goldstein. He directed the development of Macau operations for Las Vegas Sands and much more for the Adelsons. Google Rob if you are interested. He is from Trevose, PA and worked in the Sands operations beginning in Atlantic City, then to LV with Sheldon. I knew Rob from back in the day, he was a RA in Tower B. He is a first class guy and not a surprise to be huge success.

Heather, call Rob Goldstein. Please.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Never gonna happen, there is more important items like buying out Nutting and restoring mlb to Pittsburgh.
That would be the best thing, him buying the Pirates. Yinzers hate EGO, but in a sports owner, I want super rich and egotistical, the type that wants the spotlight, who will spend on players so he can later push them aside for a trophy presentation photo op for himself :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT