ADVERTISEMENT

Match Day vs #5 Oklahoma State

Is Camacho sick? That was horrific. He just laid there

Good question because that was terrible and I don’t wanna hear how good the kid is He wrestled because anybody could look good when you don’t move at all on bottom.

Good question because that was terrible and I don’t wanna hear how good the kid is He wrestled because anybody could look good when you don’t move at all on bottom.
He damn near turned right into the pin too

Tough start. Knew this would be an uphill battle. We are going to have to fight a little harder here.

This is pretty much worst case scenario for the dual to this point.

That match though definitely proved that Heller is more than capable of getting in the top eight at nationals

Reactions: persp
Pitzer getting taken down in the first period sucked because it allowed Doucet not to have to go on bottom. That hurt
Pitzer did not get taken down in the first. Doucet went bottom in the 2nd and got a reversal+ locking hands. He did a roll and was in on Pitzer’s legs when Pitzer went for a chest wrap which is locking hands since he was still on top, then he gave up the reversal anyway

Reactions: persp
Pitzer did not get taken down in the first. Doucet went bottom in the 2nd and got a reversal+ locking hands. He did a roll and was in on Pitzer’s legs when Pitzer went for a chest wrap which is locking hands since he was still on top, then he gave up the reversal anyway
Yea sorry I missed the reversal

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
I thought both Heller and Pitzer had a number of chances to score and win in their matches.

It seemed even with leverage advantages, they had neither enough strength or quickness to capitalize.

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
One of the things that stood out to me, maybe I’m wrong, but every Oklahoma State wrestler looked like they could have went another 2-3 periods before becoming winded. Their motors were incredible. Most of our guys looked completely gassed after second period.

The break didn’t help, maybe we forgot to continue conditioning.

Reactions: Silkky1982
Oh, I’m with you. that’s why I mentioned above that maybe they all should’ve been at the F&M open prior to Wrestling a top five team in the country. the only one that I saw that look like they were still going through the third period was Mac Stout.

Reactions: bwh05 and persp
I agree. Mac looked good. Your right, it would have been beneficial if they all wrestled at F&M, good God we looked lethargic out there.

Reactions: Silkky1982
I get what HCKG is doing with this kind of scheduling, but I can see some serious drawbacks with it. The proof will be in the pudding come March.

One thing is for sure, this schedule sucks for the fans because it is SPARSE.

Just watched OKST vs WVU, and even though WVU only won 3 matches, they surprisingly wrestled OKST alot closer than we did. Made me feel worse about Friday’s performance

• Wow
Reactions: jctrack
Just watched OKST vs WVU, and even though WVU only won 3 matches, they surprisingly wrestled OKST alot closer than we did. Made me feel worse about Friday’s performance
Their 165 Hall who Heller beat last year at NCAAs beat OKST's undefeated 165 Olejnik.

Watched it last night. OSU wrestles on another level. Strong, fit, quick, and skilled. Their guys all wrestle very similar, similar moves, aggressive offensively and brutal on top. Very well coached. Didn’t we get manhandled at OSU not long ago.

Oh, I’m with you. that’s why I mentioned above that maybe they all should’ve been at the F&M open prior to Wrestling a top five team in the country. the only one that I saw that look like they were still going through the third period was Mac Stout.
Some guys definitely didn’t manage their weight well over the break & had to really cut hard to make it. It hurt some guys for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT