ADVERTISEMENT

Article Mathis out for the season

Reactions: 4upmc
Big loss. No proven depth behind the starters at corner. Mathis was our best corner & a tremendous athlete. He actually graded out higher than Jackson last year. I thought he was going to have a huge year and end up playing Sundays next year.

Hallett is the Nickel & played mainly S last year but he came into Pitt as a corner. I wonder if he moves back to CB so you get your 4 best DB’s starting in Ford, Hamlin, Pinnock & Hallett.

Time for a young guy to step up and surprise like we had several do a DL last year.

He will be the leader in the defensive backfield next season. They will need a veteran presence. I'm trying to be positive on this. Will be interesting to see who steps in for him. Maybe we will be surprised.

He will be the leader in the defensive backfield next season. They will need a veteran presence. I'm trying to be positive on this. Will be interesting to see who steps in for him. Maybe we will be surprised.

Williams could get the first shot but I would not be surprised to see either of the 4 star frosh Battle or Royal surprise. Both have talent just lack experience.

Classes have started. There really isn’t anyone out there at this point floating around
I thought you had like 2 weeks after the start date to still enroll in classes. The Drop/Add class cutoff is September 4.

Classes have started. There really isn’t anyone out there at this point floating around

Ok St. just good a WR from Wash St. They said it’s pretty much a lock he will be eligible due to PAC 10 situation. I would think there is a good B-10 or PAC-10 CB around who wants to play. As Special said you have 2 weeks from start of classes.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
This stinks for that young man and the defense. I hope he recovers. Our secondary was the one place we couldn't afford to lose people. Williams didn't look good in relief last year. I hope he has improved.

no Twyman, now no Mathis? pretty standard fare for Pitt annually pre season. You can set your watch.

Reactions: kma0043
That is too bad for Mathias. He does have the RS still available, but he is a loss this year. At least they have some experience in Pinnock (who is also pretty good), Hallett, Tallandier, Williams and Woods.

That sucks - they should hit the transfer portal and bring in a grad transfer that can help immediately.

I know of a good transfer option who knows our system & has ability...Therran Coleman. It may sound crazy but since Western Mich won’t play due to MAAC being canceled...why not.

He left on good terms. He just wanted a chance to start & was going to be a starting corner at Western Mich. IMO he always had the talent but at CB or S he was behind guys like Jackson, Pinnock, Mathis, Hamlin & Ford.

Now all he has to do is enter the portal haha.

I know of a good transfer option who knows our system & has ability...Therran Coleman. It may sound crazy but since Western Mich won’t play due to MAAC being canceled...why not.

He left on good terms. He just wanted a chance to start & was going to be a starting corner at Western Mich. IMO he always had the talent but at CB or S he was behind guys like Jackson, Pinnock, Mathis, Hamlin & Ford.

Now all he has to do is enter the portal haha.
Might as well.

Coleman left for a reason. He come back and he would still be behind the guys that were there last year and the true frosh would be giving him a run for his money! He'll get the same mulligan everyone else gets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT