ADVERTISEMENT

McKeesport has the #1 Soph RB in the country?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Didn't know that. Committed to PSU of course.

When you look at what GT did in landing that 5 star offensive lineman, this is where NIL can come in handy for Pitt. Maybe not for this kid specifically because I dont think we should be wasting NIL money on the RB position since the US produces a vast amount of talented ones, but cases like this are where you go to some local 4 or 5 star and say we'll pay you $750K or whatever to actually play. The kid then thinks, if I take 750K and have a good season, then I can get maybe $2 million in the portal. Or maybe he stays at Pitt for $2 million. At a place like PSU, guys arent going to get on the field early so even though a PSU or OSU or Mich will be able to pay a kid to ride the bench a few years, like Quinton Martin, they wont be able to cash in in the portal like they can at Pitt.

I think programs like Pitt need to sell to these kids that they can make the same money as some blue blood will play them but the fact that they get on the field and produce could yield them much more money in Year 2. They wont get that chance for a big Year 2 payday at the blue blood because they are being stored on the bench. Schools like Pitt need to disrupt the business model of the blue bloods, which is paying kids to sit.

Losing sleep over 15-year-old Sophomores this morning?

No. I said I wouldn't pay a RB. Too many 3 stars are nearly as good and are cheap.

Using this as an example (if he played a different position) of a local blue blood player who Pitt should use my selling strategy for. Come to Pitt, make huge money and play, then get a big payday in Year 2.

What programs like Pitt need to get across to these kids is that while the blue bloods can pay them to sit, they cant get that big payday until later in their career if ever. If they go to Pitt or Maryland or VT then they can make the same money and then cash in on their freshman production.

I read a write up on a highly recruited Jr from Westinghouse (forget his name) a DB in the PG this weekend. And he lives in the Hill. And he remarked how bad it was, and bad family situation that life is a struggle. Even though Pitt is recruiting him, I can tell there is no way they are going to land him because the kid needs to get away.

Guys, Narduzzi has lost local recruits to Kentucky (x2), Virginia, Duke (!!), Rutgers, etc. He is rewriting the book on how bad local recruiting can get. If a dude is local and has P4 options other than the standard BC, Syracuse offers, you can forget about him.

Reactions: Las Panteras
Guys, Narduzzi has lost local recruits to Kentucky (x2), Virginia, Duke (!!), Rutgers, etc. He is rewriting the book on how bad local recruiting can get. If a dude is local and has P4 options other than the standard BC, Syracuse offers, you can forget about him.

There is no question that he is the worst local recruiter in Pitt history but considering where the program is and that things need to change, I am offering a strategy to land local blue blood recruits.....or blue blood recruits from NJ, DMV, etc. Need to sell that Year 2 payday that they wont get by sitting the bench at the blue bloods.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
I read a write up on a highly recruited Jr from Westinghouse (forget his name) a DB in the PG this weekend. And he lives in the Hill. And he remarked how bad it was, and bad family situation that life is a struggle. Even though Pitt is recruiting him, I can tell there is no way they are going to land him because the kid needs to get away.

OK, this is a good example. Looked him up. Seems to be in that 300K range. He can go to PSU or Oklahoma (who offered) and sit for 3, 4, 5 years while still making a nice payday or go to Pitt and maybe starts Year 1 or Year 2 and then gets a big payday in the portal.

I know that you are missing the talent part, but do you think we could lose you too? Go skip rocks n'at.

I know that you are missing the talent part, but do you think we could lose you too? Go skip rocks n'at.

Emjoi boy using words today? I guess this is your Chief moment.

mqdefault.jpg

IDK, he seems like a decent kid, so maybe he doesn't need to get away like Herb Pope or some of the others. He should be in the Pitt wheelhouse, growing up in the backyard of campus, easy for family & friends to see him play. Sell the hometown hero thing hard.

Reactions: andypappas
Losing sleep over 15-year-old Sophomores this morning?

I've never seen him play, but averaged 14 yards a carry (although he only had about 600 yards on the season). I get a little concerned with 5A or 6A RBs who start as freshman, that's a lot of hits they've been absorbing at the varsity level.

The one I think is funny is the PSN has run a few stories of the good relationship between the Fort Cherry QB and how much he likes Pitt. There is absolutely zero chance he commits here, none, nada. His dad grew up in the shadows of Beaver stadium, it is only a matter of time.

We have a better chance of getting a 4* quarterback from Texas than a 3* quarterback from the WPIAL. I think this dude projects to safety, but still.

And don't get me wrong - not recruiting well locally hasn't exactly damned us as of late. Most of them do suck.

No. I said I wouldn't pay a RB. Too many 3 stars are nearly as good and are cheap.

Using this as an example (if he played a different position) of a local blue blood player who Pitt should use my selling strategy for. Come to Pitt, make huge money and play, then get a big payday in Year 2.

What programs like Pitt need to get across to these kids is that while the blue bloods can pay them to sit, they cant get that big payday until later in their career if ever. If they go to Pitt or Maryland or VT then they can make the same money and then cash in on their freshman production.
So there's not really any context for a reference to this kid other than another reason to complain that Pitt fans aren't emptying their bank accounts to sign talent. Got it.

Reactions: 4upmc
The one I think is funny is the PSN has run a few stories of the good relationship between the Fort Cherry QB and how much he likes Pitt. There is absolutely zero chance he commits here, none, nada. His dad grew up in the shadows of Beaver stadium, it is only a matter of time.

There is less than 0% chance we get a 4 star rural white kid that PSU offered. Shouldn't even waste our time. As soon as Franklin offers, Narduzzi should just stop. This isnt 2016 or 2017 when we actually had a shot.

IDK, he seems like a decent kid, so maybe he doesn't need to get away like Herb Pope or some of the others. He should be in the Pitt wheelhouse, growing up in the backyard of campus, easy for family & friends to see him play. Sell the hometown hero thing hard.

I just heard of this kid today but I actually think Duzz has a 50/50 shot because he checks the boxes of local kids we do have success with. Usually city league or urban-ish high schools. Need to outbid PSU obviously.

I just heard of this kid today but I actually think Duzz has a 50/50 shot because he checks the boxes of local kids we do have success with. Usually city league or urban-ish high schools. Need to outbid PSU obviously.
Yes, Robinson, Moon and Bonner are three at Pitt friendly schools that we really need to sign (Khalil Taylor at Seton LaSalle also, Hill district native like Robinson). If we strike out with these four, then I think there is really little hope in recruiting anymore. The class of 2027 locally looks to be one of the better ones in years. Need at least 2 of these 4.

Its a good thing that Narduzzi can recruit in places like GA and Fl, right?

Exactly - he has been able to draw from other states in order to sustain his 7.22 - 5.56 average record.

Haha, just busting your chops. I'm no WPIAL shill. I just know that it's pretty much our only hope if we're ever going to land a top 50-100 guy again.

Yes, Robinson, Moon and Bonner are three at Pitt friendly schools that we really need to sign (Khalil Taylor at Seton LaSalle also, Hill district native like Robinson). If we strike out with these four, then I think there is really little hope in recruiting anymore. The class of 2027 locally looks to be one of the better ones in years. Need at least 2 of these 4.

0 chance at the Catholic school kid. Really no chance at any local kid but City League kids, TJ kids, then your lower middle-class districts like a West Mifflin or Central Valley or something like that, we may have a minor shot.

Interesting, I never paid attention that UPJ was on the list.

Landing him and Maleek Thomas in basketball would be two huge non-football recruiting wins. Both will be extremely difficult if not impossible.

Meleek and this wrestler bro are probably the best 2 athletes in their sport in the local area in.....ever?

WPIAL talent in football has been underwhelming in numbers and overvalued in talent, but that doesn’t mean some don’t have the skills to excel. As for Sproull in the future let’s not get too excited about a sophomore who has 3 more years to compete. So much can happen in that amount of time. I hope he continues to live up to his ratings.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT