ADVERTISEMENT

Mens poll

Yes, it is.

They were 8-7-5 in 2019. That is their best record over the last five seasons. They've already won six this season.
Pretty good program. Made the Final Four 7-8 years ago. But the ACC is so good, a loss can turn into 3 real quick. If they were in the Big Ten, they'd be the #2 or #3 strongest program

Pitt is #25. Duquesne is #28.

Pitt has something close to a must-win Saturday vs Clemson. WVU and Georgetown actually suck so those wins dont mean anything. They only have 1 good win, at UNC. Right now, they are safely in but lose to Clemson and a few more and they could be sweating it.

Duquesne is #28.

There is something really weird about their ranking. They had a week where they tied Wright State, who stinks, and they went from unranked to tied for 25th. Then in the following week they tied UMass, who stinks, and they moved up a spot. And then last week they lost a one goal game on the road to the team that is currently ranked 20th and they fall back to the others receiving votes category.

I'm guessing with 11 points in the poll they are back to one person voting them 15th this week.

Despite 2 wins last week, Pitt remained unranked, basically #26 while Duquesne dropped ever so slightly to #29. The voters love the Dukes.

With an RPI of 20, Pitt probably would get one of the 16 seeds if the NCAAT was announced today. That means a bye in Round 1, a home game in the Round of 32 and then a road trip to Syracuse, Duke, or Washington in the Sweet 16

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Despite 2 wins last week, Pitt remained unranked, basically #26 while Duquesne dropped ever so slightly to #29. The voters love the Dukes.

Not only still unranked, but Pitt won two games, including one against the team that was ranked 25th last week, and got fewer points this week than they did last week.

Whomever that voter is that keeps propping up Duquesne to ridiculous levels probably voted Pitt higher last week, hoping they would be ranked so if the Dukes won they could claim a ranked victory. And then when Pitt pounded the Dukes into submission he knocked Pitt back down.

Not only still unranked, but Pitt won two games, including one against the team that was ranked 25th last week, and got fewer points this week than they did last week.

Whomever that voter is that keeps propping up Duquesne to ridiculous levels probably voted Pitt higher last week, hoping they would be ranked so if the Dukes won they could claim a ranked victory. And then when Pitt pounded the Dukes into submission he knocked Pitt back down.
Polls never make any sense. I have said in the past, that in college basketball anyway, RPI numbers (or now NET) should be displayed on the bottom scroll. Those actually have meaning

Polls never make any sense. I have said in the past, that in college basketball anyway, RPI numbers (or now NET) should be displayed on the bottom scroll. Those actually have meaning
I haven’t looked at a scroll in >15 years. I can’t imagine anyone under the age of 65 does.

I haven’t looked at a scroll in >15 years. I can’t imagine anyone under the age of 65 does.
If there are 10 things in life I hate, the ESPN scroll is one of them. I would pay a premium service to watch ESPN without the scroll. I cannot NOT look at it. Its distracting as heck. And I HATE when they post women's basketball scores. 50% of the time, I think its a men's score and think "wow, what an upset" before realizing it was a women's score. I cannot believe in the year 2022 with everyone having instant access to scores on their phone, we still need to have the scores of the Akron vs Ball State football score coming across the bottom of the screen of an ACC game. Or as much as we like soccer here, 99% of the viewers of Saturday ESPN college football absolutely don't give a $hit about the result of the Tottenham or Juventus game that day.

Reactions: Pitt MD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT