ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Game = WVU from 2007?

tylersmyth

Walk-on
Jun 30, 2006
Season is basically over, Pitt goes into the game as a huge underdog, Miami is playing for the Top 4 & ACC championship.

Duzz gets an extension before the game & we knock them off and 2018 is the year the train gets going.

Yesterday was the low point, must go up from here if not...............

Season is basically over, Pitt goes into the game as a huge underdog, Miami is playing for the Top 4 & ACC championship.

Duzz gets an extension before the game & we knock them off and 2018 is the year the train gets going.

pitt is not going to be anywhere near a 28 point dog...the game is at home...miami not nearly as talented as 2007 wvu...other than that, spot on...

To me it wasn't a huge surprise that Pitt beat WVU that year. We had annually out-recruited them. We had Shady. Pat White had an injury.

This situation is much different. At least last year in the upsets Pitt had an NFL QB and NFL RB.

That 2007 was much better than this team. We didn't have a QB. Bostick makes Dinucci look like Marino

miami not nearly as talented as 2007 wvu (yeah, that wvu who was on their way to the NC, got beat by Pitt and went on to absolutely pound #3 Oklahoma in the Fiesta bowl---them)

....having trouble speaking the English?

They may have been a BETTER team. But if you think that WVU team was more TALENTED, you're absolutely insane. Miami's entire two deep on the DL will get drafted. Their LBs will be high draft picks. Their secondary is new, so it's difficult to tell where they will be drafted. Their backup RB had one of the highest grades from Pro Football Focus, their TE will be one of the first TEs drafted, their WR will perhaps be the first WR drafted, their OTs have received insanely good grades from Pro Football Focus, etc., etc., etc.
That WVU team, in terms of TALENT, wasn't even close.

Last edited:
They may have been a BETTER team. But if you think that WVU team was more TALENTED, you're absolutely insane. Miami's entire two deep on the DL will get drafted. Their LBs will be high draft picks. Their secondary is new, so it's difficult to tell where they will be drafted. Their backup RB had one of the highest grades from Pro Football Focus, their TE will be one of the first TEs drafted, their WR will perhaps be the first WR drafted, their OTs have received insanely good grades from Pro Football Focus, etc., etc., etc.
That WVU team, in terms of TALENT, wasn't in close.
As you did not mention Miami's punter or placekicker...are you saying there's a chance for Pitt? ;)

That WVU team, in terms of TALENT, wasn't in close.
parse away...I'm one of those oddballs that says that when one team is better than another team, they are more talented....crazy me...2007 wvu crushes 2017 miami.. but if you want to pleasure yourself thinking about potential draft picks have at it...

WVU was #2 in the country and undefeated

Miami will lose tomorrow night

WVU was number 2 because somebody had to be. There were a bunch of articles written this year about how 2007 was the greatest season in college football history because it was the craziest. The national champion was a 2 loss team.
Saying, "WVU coming out of the Big East was ranked number 2 in 2007," is saying absolutely nothing.

parse away...I'm one of those oddballs that says that when one team is better than another team, they are more talented....crazy me...2007 wvu crushes 2017 miami.. but if you want to pleasure yourself thinking about potential draft picks have at it...

Oh I'm still not convinced the team that lost to 4 loss South Florida and 7 loss Pitt was better. But I know for certain they weren't more talented.

Oh I'm still not convinced the team that lost to 4 loss South Florida and 7 loss Pitt was better. But I know for certain they weren't more talented.
solid point and wvu wins 19 out of 20 times against Pitt (you are probably not old enough to have watched the US hockey team in 80 like me, but I think you get the point) and s florida was ranked most of that year... but we are comparing 2007 wvu and 2017 miami aren't we, so who wins the majority between those two? are you saying miami? btw...how did your pleasure session go?

but hey lets defer to folks that know more than us...Pitt will be a 14 point dog against mighty miami this year but were 28 point dogs against little wvu...

funny how you did not bring up the Oklahoma beat down....

Last edited:
funny how you did not bring up the Oklahoma beat down....

Because I don't care. That was a OU team that thought it should in the national title game. They were checked out for a runner up bowl. Which was a constant theme under Bob Stoops. He wasn't jokingly referred to as "Big Game Bob" for nothing.

To me it wasn't a huge surprise that Pitt beat WVU that year. We had annually out-recruited them. We had Shady. Pat White had an injury.

This situation is much different. At least last year in the upsets Pitt had an NFL QB and NFL RB.

Pat White played in 75% of the snaps in the 13-9 game, and the injury was on his non-throwing hand. This excuse is tired and inaccurate.

Would you like to put some cash on that?

The amount of people that have no idea what they're watching when they watch a football game, blows my mind.
Miami had a third string true freshman DE make a senior, Top 10 NFL draft pick look silly, and dudes are arguing, "yeah, but that WVU that lost to South Florida was so much better."

Memories, like the corners of my mind, misty water colored memories of the posts that were.........

No way Pitt sneaks up on the Hurricanes.

No. Mark Richt 1000x > RR.

That WVU team, in terms of TALENT, wasn't even close.

The amount of people that have no idea what they're watching when they watch a football game, blows my mind.
Miami had a third string true freshman DE make a senior, Top 10 NFL draft pick look silly, and dudes are arguing, "yeah, but that WVU that lost to South Florida was so much better."

Reactions: pittmeister
Not to take away from our great win, but I wouldn't be surprised if Miami ends the season on a 3 game losing streak
- Pitt
- Clemson
- Alabama or Auburn

Would be quite a fall from #2 to #18 or so, especially if the Clemson or bowl game is a big margin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT