ADVERTISEMENT

Mike McQueary

Piranha

Athletic Director
Jul 31, 2001
He needs to write a tell all book. The guy is ostracized in State College for speaking out. He was born and raised there, attended HS there, played QB for PS, and coached at PS. He could reveal everything about the sick and twisted PS culture.

He needs to write a tell all book. The guy is ostracized in State College for speaking out. He was born and raised there, attended HS there, played QB for PS, and coached at PS. He could reveal everything about the sick and twisted PS culture.

He won't. PSU will settle with him out of court and one of the conditions will be that he can't speak about any of this again.

He won't. PSU will settle with him out of court and one of the conditions will be that he can't speak about any of this again.
If that's the case, the settlement would have to be in the seven-figures, since he'd have to change his locale - and his occupation otherwise.

In another thread, I mentioned the option of his hiring a PR agency to work on his public perception. With the right spin, he could come out of this looking like a hero/martyr. I could see him doing the talkshow circuit - especially during football season.

Reactions: PantherDDS
How much money do u think he could make from a movie and tell all book?

How much money do u think he could make from a movie and tell all book?
didn't he sue psu for a couple million? Did he win? Sorry if this was covered in one of the 45 threads on the subject.

If that's the case, the settlement would have to be in the seven-figures, since he'd have to change his locale - and his occupation otherwise.

In another thread, I mentioned the option of his hiring a PR agency to work on his public perception. With the right spin, he could come out of this looking like a hero/martyr. I could see him doing the talkshow circuit - especially during football season.
He should - how disgusting is it that the victims and the 1 guy that tried to do the right thing are shunned by the cultists, but yet they are doing everything in their power to restore the name and statue of a pedophile enabler?

I don't know what his coaching prospects were, but he probably lost a great deal of money by coming forward with his testimony. I also can't get over the people who call into the Fan, bash McQueary for not doing enough at the time, and then with the same breath claim that Paterno did everything he could.

Also, all the PSU fans who cast doubt these victims and McQueary are sick. Sandusky was convicted on 40+ counts of abuse...I think at this point the burden of proof is definitely NOT with the victims!

His mistake was taking what he saw to the highest authority in Central Pa. He should have gone to the police instead.

Yep. They turned their back on him despite his loyalty to the university and program. Because he reported the incident, he was considered a liar, and brought trouble for the program, and eventually Paterno. They easily believe anyone denying the knowledge of Sandusky's sins or cover up, but ostracize the many who said otherwise. You hear more sympathy for Paterno than you do the victims. Sad.

Yep. They turned their back on him despite his loyalty to the university and program. Because he reported the incident, he was considered a liar, and brought trouble for the program, and eventually Paterno. They easily believe anyone denying the knowledge of Sandusky's sins or cover up, but ostracize the many who said otherwise. You hear more sympathy for Paterno than you do the victims. Sad.
I'm not sure that they turned his back on him. Paterno did give him a coveted full-time assistant coaching position that paid quite well.

Looking back on it, was the job a "payment" for his reporting to Joe -- instead of the police? We'll probably never know.....

Reactions: PantherDDS
I'm not sure that they turned his back on him. Paterno did give him a coveted full-time assistant coaching position that paid quite well.

Looking back on it, was the job a "payment" for his reporting to Joe -- instead of the police? We'll probably never know.....
Turned their back on him after the fact of his revelation. Yeah, he was a Paterno ass't for many years prior to his dismissal.

Reactions: Panther Parrothead
And the police would have taken it back to JoPa. Just part of the vicious circle of silence.
Not anymore. If anyone would have gone to the proper authorities it would have been dealt with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT