ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Young update

I thought Young did transform his body a good deal at Pitt. He seemed to work hard as his game too, at least on the offensive side of the ball. He just tends to slack off when he doesn't have the ball. He seems to work hard but play lazy if that makes any sense.

None of those seniors had any leadership qualities either.

I thought Young did transform his body a good deal at Pitt. He seemed to work hard as his game too, at least on the offensive side of the ball. He just tends to slack off when he doesn't have the ball. He seems to work hard but play lazy if that makes any sense.

None of those seniors had any leadership qualities either.
I just always felt he was asked to do more than he could defensively . He definitely changed his body while at Pitt . He needed that extra bulk to play inside .

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Forced to play out of position at Center. Too short without the extra wingspan or above average hops needed to compensate.
Like I said, he defended just as poorly when defending the four as he did the five.

I don't agree that he was asked to do more than he could do defensively. He didn't defend any position well ... four or five.
After his freshman yr I thought he was a potential star at the 4 , that off season he lost a lot of bulk and at Greentree or Montour ( I think Montour ) he amazed me with his ball skills which we never saw during the regular season . I stated then I thought he was Pitts best 3 .
He was listed at 6'9" ,what was his actual height 6'7" ? ( Pretty small for your strongest player .)
From what I hear the 3 is where he's playing in the summer league . We'll find out if he's good enough offensively and if he can defend at the 3 , if he can't defend he'll never play in the NBA .
I just never felt he was a strong inside guy defensively . Maybe if he played with another bigger stronger inside guy he'd have played better defensively , but we'll never know .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT