ADVERTISEMENT

Miles Sanders....

cpc247

Redshirt
Jun 26, 2013
Not trying to rub it in his face, but honestly he just got 27 carries against Rutgers for 88 yards (3.3 a carry). Another kid that should have stayed home and probably could have really lit up the score board. Kid is ultra talented and would have been an addition to this team (could play tailback or take sweeps or wildcat). Please do the right thing and tell everyone one of these young local guys to stay home.

H2P!

Probably not the best example of a kid who should have stayed home. If I remember correctly, we lost to Penn State 51-6 and he had over 100 yards rushing. I just saw a mock draft with him going in the 2nd-3rd round range.

Miles is doing well at PSU. He chose them over Pitt. The RBs at Pitt are doing great, too. Both sides are happy. I even saw that LaMont Wade congratulated a few of his Pitt buddies on twitter. All is good for Pitt now, fans don't need to worry about recruits that were lost.

I never wished bad on the kids who decided to go elsewhere. I think Sanders is an idiot if he leaves after the season, and another year at Penn State would serve him well. Lamont Wade is another story. This is a kid that in 19 career games, had 26 tackles, 1 sack, 0 interceptions. I don’t think he’s very good, and would have been better served at one of his other options. I remember him saying he has a chance to build his brand at Penn State. I wonder how that’s going for him.

Not trying to rub it in his face, but honestly he just got 27 carries against Rutgers for 88 yards (3.3 a carry). Another kid that should have stayed home and probably could have really lit up the score board. Kid is ultra talented and would have been an addition to this team (could play tailback or take sweeps or wildcat). Please do the right thing and tell everyone one of these young local guys to stay home.

H2P!
He is doing just fine for himself. He starts for a high profile team and has over 1000 yds on the season. His mom didn't want him in Pittsburgh and that's the way it goes sometimes. I think Pitt is just fine at the RB position.

I never wished bad on the kids who decided to go elsewhere. I think Sanders is an idiot if he leaves after the season, and another year at Penn State would serve him well. Lamont Wade is another story. This is a kid that in 19 career games, had 26 tackles, 1 sack, 0 interceptions. I don’t think he’s very good, and would have been better served at one of his other options. I remember him saying he has a chance to build his brand at Penn State. I wonder how that’s going for him.
Wade was also a good student at Clairton and any kid from there getting a chance for a college degree paid for via scholarship is a great thing. He has a lot of talent but is small for high level college FB

Miles is doing well at PSU. He chose them over Pitt. The RBs at Pitt are doing great, too. Both sides are happy. I even saw that LaMont Wade congratulated a few of his Pitt buddies on twitter. All is good for Pitt now, fans don't need to worry about recruits that were lost.

As evidence of our last game with the nitters.. the player respect each other ... the coaches.. not so much.

Reactions: fairgambit
I think Miles has been to more games at Heinz than you this season
You’re wrong.
North club 7 seats 16-19.
Like I’ve had for years.

But now that we’re local the past two seasons- we go to almost every game (missed gt for a charity golf outing for special Olympics).

Even in chapel hill would make 3 or so a season and give the rest away - mostly to tickets for kids

Why would getting 27 carries be a disincentive?

His team is 8-3 and ranked.

We can hate Penn state , and still acknowledge that

Do you think he’s getting 27 carries in any game this season at Pitt?
True. He made his choice. He’s doing OK at crappy valley. He doesn’t play for Pitt so I don’t really give a crap about him.

Reactions: Mikefln
You’re wrong.
North club 7 seats 16-19.
Like I’ve had for years.

But now that we’re local the past two seasons- we go to almost every game (missed gt for a charity golf outing for special Olympics).

Even in chapel hill would make 3 or so a season and give the rest away - mostly to tickets for kids

sorry confused you with some other poster. my mistake

The thing about PSU offense is nobody else gets more than 1 carry except the QB position. Sanders gets all of the carries.

Probably not the best example of a kid who should have stayed home. If I remember correctly, we lost to Penn State 51-6 and he had over 100 yards rushing. I just saw a mock draft with him going in the 2nd-3rd round range.
Mock draft has him a 2nd rd pick this year?

Mock draft has him a 2nd rd pick this year?
which probably means he is a 3rd or a 4th. If he is going in the top 3 rounds he should probably go. NFl pays for your school anyhow and might as well get paid to take the hits. I don't think he is ever going to be a 1st rounder with the way the RB position is valued now and he is unlikely to get a lot bigger or faster.

It's the truth... Hall and Ollison are both better players.
Completely different offenses run by Pitt and Psu.Put Hall and Ollison at Psu would they be better than Sanders in that RPO? Then put Sanders at Pitt what would his numbers be in that offense.My God Barkley would of run for 1800 yds at least at Pitt where he got 1200 at Psu.Any back thats going to get drafted after their 3rd year should go,bwdik!

Completely different offenses run by Pitt and Psu.Put Hall and Ollison at Psu would they be better than Sanders in that RPO? Then put Sanders at Pitt what would his numbers be in that offense.My God Barkley would of run for 1800 yds at least at Pitt where he got 1200 at Psu.Any back thats going to get drafted after their 3rd year should go,bwdik!

Hall is averaging 8 yards a carry... Ollison 6.6 theres no question who the more talented players are.

Barkley wouldn't have close to 1800 yards here he is garbage between the tackles... always has been.

I agree if some GM is actually brain dead enough to draft Sanders he should go.

Last edited:
Hall is averaging 8 yards a carry... Ollison 6.6 theres no question who the more talented players are.

Barkley wouldn't have close to 1800 yards here he is garbage between the tackles... always has been.

I agree if some GM is actually brain dead enough to draft Sanders he should go.

Sigh

The big thing about having Sanders here and/or a Wade, and maybe a Donovan Jeter, there would be more of a "pull" for the local kids to stay home and play for Pitt.

So you always want to get the best local kids if you can. Because the more that goes elsewhere, the easier it is for others to follow and the harder it is for Pitt to have local recruiting momentum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT