ADVERTISEMENT

Mock draft has Pickett going first

I’m not saying Kenny Pickett will be going first but I think this mock draft is probably closer to what will happen quarterbacks always be one

Pickett would be better off going outside of the top 10 or in the middle of the second round in spots where loser franchises don't draft. If he goes to a team with some pieces in place, he'll have a great chance to succeed very early. It'll be tough for any QB to do well in Detroit.

If he is available for the Steelers, do you think they take him? Remember the last time they passed on a Pitt 1st Round QB?

The Steelers could be picking rather high. I think it depends on how this year plays out. I can see the Steelers going anywhere from 10-20th. I do think Pickett (depending on workout season performance) goes in the top 15

Lions are a mess and hopefully for Kenny's sake they select another QB. They can't even win a game with Goff and it isn't like he is terrible.

The Steelers could be picking rather high. I think it depends on how this year plays out. I can see the Steelers going anywhere from 10-20th. I do think Pickett (depending on workout season performance) goes in the top 15
For the Steelers to draft 20th that would mean they make the playoffs and I don't see that happening.
Now, I am by no means an expert, but from what I've seen of Pickett this year, I would love to see the Steelers get him. I just loved watching him mature this year. There are so many things I like about his game that I saw this year.

Might be best for Kenny’s Pitt legacy for him to play in another city. If the Steelers draft him and he doesn’t pan out, that would not be so good.
Meh.

If the Steelers draft him and he DOES pan out, he becomes one of the Top 5 sports legends in Pittsburgh history.... up there with Joe Greene, Roberto Clemente, Mario Lemieux, and Sidney Crosby.

You're betting against Pickett. I have more confidence in him than that, and so does he.

Meh.

If the Steelers draft him and he DOES pan out, he becomes one of the Top 5 sports legends in Pittsburgh history.... up there with Joe Greene, Roberto Clemente, Mario Lemieux, and Sidney Crosby.

You're betting against Pickett. I have more confidence in him than that, and so does he.
As you wish.

Might be best for Kenny’s Pitt legacy for him to play in another city. If the Steelers draft him and he doesn’t pan out, that would not be so good.

The Steelers have way to many hole to fill to draft a qb in the first round
Ok, then what would you draft? I am assuming you want to start next year off with Mason Rudolph?
Trading for one would cost a couple 1st round picks and anyone that will be a free agent is mediocre at best.

Ok, then what would you draft? I am assuming you want to start next year off with Mason Rudolph?
Trading for one would cost a couple 1st round picks and anyone that will be a free agent is mediocre at best.
Ok,3 oline 2 inside lbs 2 dline 1 safety 1 cb just for starters.also you don’t think Kenny’s going to start on day one do you?

Yes. Especially the one that Rudolph played.

They have many needs for 2022 and beyond...but the biggest is QB.
Here take your pick.
Tuna tagovioa
Jamis Winston
Marcus Mario take
Daniel Jones
Sam darnold
Dwayne Haskins
Josh Rosen
Mitch trubisky
Jared Goff
Carson wentz
Blake Bortels
Paxton lynch
E j Manuel
Johnny Manuel
Tim Tebow

If you think Kenny is a sure thing your really fooling yourself

Last edited:
The Steelers have way to many holes to fill to draft a qb in the first round
If you think a QB will be a franchise QB none of the other holes matter. In fact, in all of my years following the draft, this is the first time I've ever heard anyone say a team has too many holes to draft a QB in the first when one of those holes is at QB.

Reactions: pittiswhereiamfrom2
If you think a QB will be a franchise QB none of the other holes matter. In fact, in all of my years following the draft, this is the first time I've ever heard anyone say a team has too many holes to draft a QB in the first when one of those holes is at QB.
There’s no franchise quarterback in this draft

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Your post above kind of implies that you do.
No it doesn't. You flat out said there is no franchise QB in this draft. I don't think it's that cut and dry and believe there could possibly be at least one franchise guy. Maybe it's the top one selected or maybe it's a later selection who develop like Wilson or Prescott. The bottom line is a TEAM (not me) believe a franchise guy is there, they're going to take him regardless of need elsewhere.

Ok,3 oline 2 inside lbs 2 dline 1 safety 1 cb just for starters.also you don’t think Kenny’s going to start on day one do you?

It's the NFL. You get 7 picks and $200 million in cap space just like everyone else. You're always going to be weak somewhere. ILB is not a premium position in the NFL. Neither is safety, especially box safety.

Are you saying you'd rather be strong at ILB and weak at QB than the opposite? Because that's a really poor way to develop a football team.

Here take your pick.
Tuna tagovioa
Jamis Winston
Marcus Mario take
Daniel Jones
Sam darnold
Dwayne Haskins
Josh Rosen
Mitch trubisky
Jared Goff
Carson wentz
Blake Bortels
Paxton lynch
E j Manuel
Johnny Manuel
Tim Tebow

Not all of these guys are busts. Tua is 9th in the NFL in QBR right now and he's played about 1 season's worth of complete games. He has the worst OL in the entire NFL by a significant margin and takes sacks at the same rate as Dak Prescott, who has a top 5 line. Tua's weapons are a rookie WR, a TE, and nobody. I think the Dolphins skill players are easily bottom 5 in the NFL, maybe bottom 3. He's someone that a lot of people who don't watch football have takes about but smart people know that he's actually good.

Wentz was on an NFL MVP track before he got repeatedly injured. His team made it to the Super Bowl in large part because of him. He's currently on pace for 3,600/26/4 and his team might win the division. He's a "franchise QB" insofar as he's taken multiple teams to the playoffs.

Similar thing with Goff. He was good enough to make the Super Bowl at QB. Again, he got a second contract and won a lot of games, made the playoffs a bunch. He's a "franchise QB" by any reasonable standard.

Reactions: Ski11585
Want Kenny to go as high as possible. But also want him to stay alive
at the next level. Detroit is not a place for any qback.

Detroit is not going to draft a QB inside the top 5. They still owe Goff $40m next year so he's likely their starter. They may trade up into the late 1st if someone is on the board but this class doesn't have anyone who grades out as a high 1st round pick and I think with what Detroit has in the QB room and the totality of their needs they'll look defense first.

It's the NFL. You get 7 picks and $200 million in cap space just like everyone else. You're always going to be weak somewhere. ILB is not a premium position in the NFL. Neither is safety, especially box safety.

Are you saying you'd rather be strong at ILB and weak at QB than the opposite? Because that's a really poor way to develop a football team.
I said the Steelers have way to many holes to draft Kenny in 1 st round.if you think Kenny’s going to be a day one starter, your dreaming.I know teams get draft pick.have you seen what the have done with them?

Not all of these guys are busts. Tua is 9th in the NFL in QBR right now and he's played about 1 season's worth of complete games. He has the worst OL in the entire NFL by a significant margin and takes sacks at the same rate as Dak Prescott, who has a top 5 line. Tua's weapons are a rookie WR, a TE, and nobody. I think the Dolphins skill players are easily bottom 5 in the NFL, maybe bottom 3. He's someone that a lot of people who don't watch football have takes about but smart people know that he's actually good.

Wentz was on an NFL MVP track before he got repeatedly injured. His team made it to the Super Bowl in large part because of him. He's currently on pace for 3,600/26/4 and his team might win the division. He's a "franchise QB" insofar as he's taken multiple teams to the playoffs.

Similar thing with Goff. He was good enough to make the Super Bowl at QB. Again, he got a second contract and won a lot of games, made the playoffs a bunch. He's a "franchise QB" by any reasonable standard.
Not all are bust.ok but none are franchise qbs.Goff and wentz both traded even after going to Super Bowls

Not all are bust.ok but none are franchise qbs.Goff and wentz both traded even after going to Super Bowls
Who do you want to be the QB next year?

Yes, I know the Steelers have holes, but your opinion of Pickett is your own. I will take the advice of Gil Brandt over yours any day.
Also you make it sound easy to go out and get a franchise QB. Almost every draft choice is a crap shoot.

Reactions: mike 301
I said the Steelers have way to many holes to draft Kenny in 1 st round.if you think Kenny’s going to be a day one starter, your dreaming.I know teams get draft pick.have you seen what the have done with them?

Some of those holes don't matter. ILB doesn't matter at all in the modern NFL. Box safety barely matters. You do not prioritize those positions over QB unless you haven't watched the NFL since the 1980s.

To win in the NFL you need plus QB play, period. The Steelers don't have that on the roster and unless they draft it, there's very little chance they get it in free agency either.

Reactions: Ski11585
Here take your pick.
Tuna tagovioa
Jamis Winston
Marcus Mario take
Daniel Jones
Sam darnold
Dwayne Haskins
Josh Rosen
Mitch trubisky
Jared Goff
Carson wentz
Blake Bortels
Paxton lynch
E j Manuel
Johnny Manuel
Tim Tebow

I didn't say Pickett was a sure thing.

I said the Steelers' #1 priority in this year's draft is QB.

Nobody is ever a sure thing.

Steelers' biggest need ... their biggest hole to fill.... is QB. You have to fill that hole before you fill any others.

Who do you want to be the QB next year?

Yes, I know the Steelers have holes, but your opinion of Pickett is your own. I will take the advice of Gil Brandt over yours any day.
Also you make it sound easy to go out and get a franchise QB. Almost every draft choice is a crap shoot.
Never said it was easy to get a franchise Qb.I said there were none in this years draft.I don’t think I was giving you any advice.

I didn't say Pickett was a sure thing.

I said the Steelers' #1 priority in this year's draft is QB.

Nobody is ever a sure thing.

Steelers' biggest need ... their biggest hole to fill.... is QB. You have to fill that hole before you fill any others.
I bet the Steelers don’t the think same way as you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT