ADVERTISEMENT

Modern Day Recruitin' Be Like...

Oct 25, 2021
"Sure, USC, we'd love to keep him on hold for you guys! So what we'll do is provide him with free room and board, as well as access to P4 coaching and strength/conditioning programs, for two years. We'll even get him some run in the games so you can check him out in live action! Then, in December of '26, you decide if you want to buy him. The price will just depend on the market rate at that time and is subject to vary.

Oh heavens no! We do not assess a fee for any of this. Our services are completely free of charge!

You're totally welcome, fellas; it's our pleasure. Will there be anything else? Okay, well you have a wonderful d... what's that?

Oh, don't be silly! You definitely do not have to wait until he is in the portal. Please, feel free to reach out to him at any time. Mi roster es su roster. Here, we'll email you his contact info as soon as we hang up. Awesome, you guys take care. Okay, bye now."

"Hey, can somebody take that call from Michigan?! I have LSU coming in at 3:30 to look at our used linebacker inventory."

how-to-get-call-center-contracts.jpg

"Sure, USC, we'd love to keep him on hold for you guys! So what we'll do is provide him with free room and board, as well as access to P4 coaching and strength/conditioning programs, for two years. We'll even get him some run in the games so you can check him out in live action! Then, in December of '26, you decide if you want to buy him. The price will just depend on the market rate at that time and is subject to vary.

Oh heavens no! We do not assess a fee for any of this. Our services are completely free of charge!

You're totally welcome, fellas; it's our pleasure. Will there be anything else? Okay, well you have a wonderful d... what's that?

Oh, don't be silly! You definitely do not have to wait until he is in the portal. Please, feel free to reach out to him at any time. Mi roster es su roster. Here, we'll email you his contact info as soon as we hang up. Awesome, you guys take care. Okay, bye now."

"Hey, can somebody take that call from Michigan?! I have LSU coming in at 3:30 to look at our used linebacker inventory."

how-to-get-call-center-contracts.jpg

Which is why they need to be employees with contracts. If you sign Jordan Addison to a 4 year deal out of HS, he is "stuck" at Pitt unless someone buys out his contract. Maybe USC does but then you get some revenue for that. This current system is completely wild.

Which is why they need to be employees with contracts. If you sign Jordan Addison to a 4 year deal out of HS, he is "stuck" at Pitt unless someone buys out his contract. Maybe USC does but then you get some revenue for that. This current system is completely wild.

Doesn't seem like they're interested in any type of levelling of the playing field. Unlimited transfers are about to become a permanent thing, and I imagine scholarship limits will soon follow (i.e. Ohio State can just stockpile 120 players on their roster if they want).

But yeah - the employee thing has been tossed around. It won't thwart NIL is any way, but hopefully there would be some contractual obligations that come with it.

I just want to fast forward to the end of this and then adapt my fanhood accordingly (which may include no longer following altogether). This slow burn phase for Pitt really sucks. We've got no money; other coaches are using the future of the ACC as recruiting leverage; etc.

Reactions: Mikefln
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT