ADVERTISEMENT

Morning Pitt

rockypanther

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2001
Good convo Chris. I think Dior, Lowe, and Carrington have talent. But I don’t see how they can ever all play together. There is so much more than skill and athletic ability in playing at a high level. The biggest factor in my opinion is awareness of what shots and plays you are making. Are they high percentage choices. And are they seeing the whole court and being able to share the ball and predict and set up teammates. Xavier Johnson and Trey Mcgowens despite some personality differences, showed this as one issue. And Dior is a driver and slasher. He isn’t known as a set up guy.

None of these three freshman averaged over 5 assists a game as seniors in high school. So to me they are mostly all combo guards. That’s why I like more maturity and experience in the back court. It’s like a freshman qb compared to a junior qb in terms of the mental aspect.

Now I could be wrong. I love the potential of all 3 players. But I think their assist numbers are going to be just as important as our rebounding numbers for our team for us to repeat last years success. I think this team should be strong a year from now if everyone stays out of trouble.

Reactions: Phillippos
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News