ADVERTISEMENT

MSOC beating Akron

Easily the best game I've ever seen up there. Akron was very very good. I thought Georgetown may have been the best team I've ever seen Pitt play there. Akron was better in my opinion.

That game was so good. A draw was such a fitting result. What a match. An all-time classic level match. Unbelievable display of soccer. I'll save a more technical analysis for another post.

Reactions: jctrack
Pitt men up to #8 in United Soccer Coaches poll

1. Wake
3. Syracuse
4. Marshall L 1-2
7. Duke (Oct 21)
8. PITT
10. Clemson (Oct 7)
11. Denver (Oct 10)
15. Akron T 3-3
25. Louisville (Sept 23)
25. Duquesne (Oct 17)
ORV: UNC W 1-0

ACC with half of the top 10. Five ranked teams left on the schedule. WVU and Georgetown nowhere to be found.

Last edited:
Pitt men up to #8 in United Soccer Coaches poll

1. Wake
3. Syracuse
4. Marshall L 1-2
7. Duke (Oct 21)
8. PITT
10. Clemson (Oct 7)
11. Denver (Oct 10)
15. Akron T 3-3
25. Louisville (Sept 23)
25. Duquesne (Oct 17)
ORV: UNC W 1-0

ACC with half of the top 10. Five ranked teams left on the schedule. WVU and Georgetown nowhere to be found.
WVU sucked. Bottom tier ACC. Similar to NC State.

Its all about the Dukes!!! Top 10 matchup for the City Match

Its all about the Dukes!!! Top 10 matchup for the City Match

This week that one coach voted them 11th, even though they played to a draw with Wright State during the week. And there were so few teams that got votes that that one 11th place vote was enough to get them into the top 25. I guess that's what happens when you do a poll like that and there are only eight voters.

For the record, I saw the list of voters and the Duquesne coach is not on the list.

And btw, still no votes for the Pitt women. Clearly the women's voters are holding them to a higher standard than that one voter holds the Duquesne men.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT