ADVERTISEMENT

So, if BCST wins BOTH Final Four...

NTOP

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
Does that make them an Instant Blueblood??? I hope the men win, so we can brag about beating them twice.
And what do you call a Ladies' champ from South Carolina?? Can't be "Cocks" !! Can't be "Chicks" or the wokies will riot.

Reactions: Atch
Does that make them an Instant Blueblood??? I hope the men win, so we can brag about beating them twice.
And what do you call a Ladies' champ from South Carolina?? Can't be "Cocks" !! Can't be "Chicks" or the wokies will riot.
No, and I don't know.

The South Carlina graduates that I know refer to their women's team as "The lady Gs"

Not instant blue blood, but it gives them bragging rights for years, kind of like when Pittsburgh bragged about the Stillers & Buccos both winning championships in 1979.

Lady Cocks sounds about right.

Caitlin Clark = GOAT
Best women's player ever - hands down
Hope that she gets to perform on the biggest stage possible and get paid big $$. She's earned it
No doubt. Her shots look very simple and very controlled. Gotta love her assist rates.

Reactions: Chairman Moe
Caitlin Clark = GOAT
Best women's player ever - hands down

People can and certainly do have that opinion, but it is not one that most people who follow the sport hold.

The Athletic polled a bunch of current college coaches on who was the best women's college basketball player of all time, and the person who got the most votes was Cheryl Miller. Breanna Stewart got the second most votes, followed by Diana Taurasi and then Clark.

By way of comparison, Miller won national player of the year three times and twice won the award for the best female athlete in the NCAA regardless of sport. Stewart was national player of the year three times and won the NCAA tournament Most Outstanding Player four times. Taurasi was a two time player of the year (which Clark will assumedly also be in a short time) and a two time NCAA tournament MOP.

Clark's certainly in the conversation, but hands down? No.

People can and certainly do have that opinion, but it is not one that most people who follow the sport hold.

The Athletic polled a bunch of current college coaches on who was the best women's college basketball player of all time, and the person who got the most votes was Cheryl Miller. Breanna Stewart got the second most votes, followed by Diana Taurasi and then Clark.

By way of comparison, Miller won national player of the year three times and twice won the award for the best female athlete in the NCAA regardless of sport. Stewart was national player of the year three times and won the NCAA tournament Most Outstanding Player four times. Taurasi was a two time player of the year (which Clark will assumedly also be in a short time) and a two time NCAA tournament MOP.

Clark's certainly in the conversation, but hands down? No.
Of course I like Clark and the others mentioned above. Best I've ever seen though? I have
Candace Parker in this group. Not only her college career, but also her incredile pro career.
Just my two cents.

Of course I like Clark and the others mentioned above. Best I've ever seen though? I have
Candace Parker in this group. Not only her college career, but also her incredile pro career.
Just my two cents.

I thought of Parker as well, but oddly enough, in the Athletic poll she didn't even get one vote.

I thought of Parker as well, but oddly enough, in the Athletic poll she didn't even get one vote.
She probably didn't get mentioned because shes in the twilight of her career. Anyone
who watched her when she was in her prime realizes her greatness, which IMO easily
puts her in this group if not at the top of it. I see it similarily like not mentioning
Oscar Robertson among the all time greats in mens bball. Some of these critics can
only go as far back to Jordan, Lebron, Magic, Bird, Kareem, etc.

She probably didn't get mentioned because shes in the twilight of her career. Anyone
who watched her when she was in her prime realizes her greatness, which IMO easily
puts her in this group if not at the top of it. I see it similarily like not mentioning
Oscar Robertson among the all time greats in mens bball. Some of these critics can
only go as far back to Jordan, Lebron, Magic, Bird, Kareem, etc.

Well since Cheryl Miller "won" the poll it seems unlikely that it's because people forgot about Parker because she played too long ago. And Diana Taurasi is also several years older than Parker and at least as close to the end of her career.

uh, no.

Well since Cheryl Miller "won" the poll it seems unlikely that it's because people forgot about Parker because she played too long ago. And Diana Taurasi is also several years older than Parker and at least as close to the end of her career.
Yeah good point about Miller etc. I'll admit a personal bias here. In my book
she's the best of the bunch, but once again....just my two cents as I see em.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT