ADVERTISEMENT

MSOC - Quarterfinals - 4:00 TODAY!

You just go from one olympic sport to the next huh? Actually me too. Hoping the match isn’t delayed by the network because this current game could go long.
I love watching Pitt athletes compete, no matter what the sport is.

The fact that Pitt’s Olympic Sports programs have gotten so much better over the last several years makes viewing them all the more enjoyable!

H2P!

Reactions: jctrack and Fk_Pitt
I love watching Pitt athletes compete, no matter what the sport is.

The fact that Pitt’s Olympic Sports programs have gotten so much better over the last several years makes viewing them all the more enjoyable!

H2P!
Shit. I thought this was the 2nd half. It’s just halftime. Ugh.

They say it's showing on ACCX but it doesn't show up and ESPN app says "not started yet". Has it started?

Shit. I thought this was the 2nd half. It’s just halftime. Ugh.

Apparently there was a half hour plus weather delay in the VT - WF game and that is why it is so far behind. It was supposed to start at 2:00, so barring overtime it would have been finished before our game started.

By my count, we’ve out chanced them 4-1. 4 really good chances.

Reactions: HOF Coach
I really thought it was critical to score before the half because I was afraid UVA would change their tactics even though they were up 1-0. They allowed Pitt to have the ball and we’re content to counter and that was like playing with fire. And of course UVA have tweaked things in the 2nd half and we have had less of the ball.

times a wasting …and it’s still 0-1.

I missed the first 20 minutes and from what I saw we just couldn’t get anything going in the middle, and into their zone, of the field. It sort of reminded me of that Clemson ACC championship game a few years back.

Frustrating to say the least.

But still, we are a good team and a very good program in a wicked tough conference.

Heck, #1 seed Duke just lost at home to #9 seed Clemson.

Reactions: ThePanthers
W
I missed the first 20 minutes and from what I saw we just couldn’t get anything going in the middle, and into their zone, of the field. It sort of reminded me of that Clemson ACC championship game a few years back.

Frustrating to say the least.

But still, we are a good team and a very good program in a wicked tough conference.

Heck, #1 seed Duke just lost at home to #9 seed Clemson.
We had several chances in the 1st half. Could have had 3-4 goals.

Expectations are pretty low for this club this year heading into tournament. If we make it.
Well, we were ranked #24 yesterday and lost, 0-1, to the (I think) #10, or top-15 UVa. I think we are definitely in the top-48. We've had a few head-scratchers this year but, have beaten some pretty good teams. They could win a couple games in the NCAA.

W

We had several chances in the 1st half. Could have had 3-4 goals.
If I remember correctly the announcer said we hit the crossbar.

The Duke boys that I talked with said we were the best team (until yesterday I assume) that they had played all season.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
If I remember correctly the announcer said we hit the crossbar.

The Duke boys that I talked with said we were the best team (until yesterday I assume) that they had played all season.
Also missed a sitter, and had two other plays inside the box that were very close to being goals.

Reactions: PittAU
Also missed a sitter, and had two other plays inside the box that were very close to being goals.
That sitter was an unbelievable miss. I have no idea what the Pitt player was trying to do, but with the ball at his feet and an empty goal maybe 3 meters away, he took 4 touches before he took the shot, which was easily blocked by a defender who got there only because of the time he took for 4 touches.

I was thinking yesterday about the recruiting the past two years. Really, the freshman DB is the only one who is making a significant contribution. He is plugging up holes with graduate transfers who haven’t been very impressive. I don’t know if he thought he had a chance to win it all in 2021 (almost did) and 2022 (not likely) and decided he wanted experienced players to fill in the gaps instead of leaving it to young players, but it really didn’t work. The new CBs he brought in last season were the team’s weakest links and this year none of the transfers have been anything more than decent. He needs to bring in the next Jacquesson, Mirkovich and Noel in this upcoming class along with at least two top flight defenders, two Midfielders and a true #9. We haven’t had one of those since EK left.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
That sitter was an unbelievable miss. I have no idea what the Pitt player was trying to do, but with the ball at his feet and an empty goal maybe 3 meters away, he took 4 touches before he took the shot, which was easily blocked by a defender who got there only because of the time he took for 4 touches.

I was thinking yesterday about the recruiting the past two years. Really, the freshman DB is the only one who is making a significant contribution. He is plugging up holes with graduate transfers who haven’t been very impressive. I don’t know if he thought he had a chance to win it all in 2021 (almost did) and 2022 (not likely) and decided he wanted experienced players to fill in the gaps instead of leaving it to young players, but it really didn’t work. The new CBs he brought in last season were the team’s weakest links and this year none of the transfers have been anything more than decent. He needs to bring in the next Jacquesson, Mirkovich and Noel in this upcoming class along with at least two top flight defenders, two Midfielders and a true #9. We haven’t had one of those since EK left.
I hear ya. We need a true #9 for sure. I’m far from understanding the intricacies of the mens game but the guys on the broadcast were talking about how the game has changed because kids are turning pro younger now. Transfers and the international route are how teams are being built. That should favor Jay.

btw I see Barca drew Man U in Europe. That’s a crazy draw for the round of 16. But at least Man U will go home early.

Every Barca fan knew that was going to be the draw. Since 2009, every time Barca could have drawn Man U they have, and every time they could have drawn Bayern they have (sometimes they are in the same pod so they can’t draw them). Anyone who believes those draws are really random is ignoring a decade of evidence.

I am not confident in Barca beating anyone. Today against Osasuna they started Marcos Alonso and Christensen at CB. When Christensen came off exhausted after 63 minutes (he is coming off an injury) they put in Gavi and moved Frenkie de Jong to CB. Lewandowski got a red card in the 31st minute (the referee was awful) so they were playing 10 against 11 with Marcos Alonso and de Jong as the central defense. Konte, Araujo and Eric Garcia all are injured and Pique, in his final match, got a red card for mouthing off to the ref during halftime. They ended up putting in a CB from the B team, who I believe is 18, with 5 minutes left and playing 5 at the back.

Amazingly, down 1-0 after 6 minutes and playing a man down, they won 2-1 on 2d half goals from Pedri and Rafinha and now lead Real Madrid by 5 points although RM has a game in hand.

Syracuse just advanced over UVA. It was 2-2 at the end of OT and then Syracuse converted all of its PKs to win. Good fun.

Reactions: jctrack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT