ADVERTISEMENT

Mullen Off the Board

poconopanther

Redshirt
Jul 5, 2001
the four star defensive back from Florida had us in his final four but today chose - gulp- Indiana. Tough week indeed we need to beat that one trick pony Georgia Tech .

Reactions: freddietee511
the four star defensive back from Florida had us in his final four but today chose - gulp- Indiana. Tough week indeed we need to beat that one trick pony Georgia Tech .
Based on the rest of the class it would have been nice to get him, but he is a decent 3 star and not a big time recruit.

It wasn't that long ago Narduzzi had a bunch of kids commit. Has he lost his magic touch or his mind.
Those weren't very good prospects.

Reactions: pittdan77
Based on the rest of the class it would have been nice to get him, but he is a decent 3 star and not a big time recruit.

Those weren't very good prospects.

He has 20 offers, many of which are Power 5 offers. This is a big loss no matter how you slice it. These types of kids are who you groom for a couple of years and they develop into studs.

Dmvkd7TU0AUN7-F.jpg

Since its almost that time when Pitt announces what uniform they will wear out of the 7000 to choose from, except the obvious of course, why in the hell does the stripe in the helmet stop almost half way down the helmet ? Looks dumb as hell.
Just blowing off some steam.

He has 20 offers, many of which are Power 5 offers. This is a big loss no matter how you slice it. These types of kids are who you groom for a couple of years and they develop into studs.
He is a solid prospect, but he isn't a 4 star and he isn't a make or break kid. This is the type of kid who should be the meat of our classes. Of course, this year, he would be one of our best. That is a big problem.

Reactions: Outdoorsman814

This is probably a blessing in disguise. Narduzzi has never recruited a 4 star player who ended up being good. Chances are Mullen wouldn't have been the first.

He is a solid prospect, but he isn't a 4 star and he isn't a make or break kid. This is the type of kid who should be the meat of our classes. Of course, this year, he would be one of our best. That is a big problem.
He actually is a 4 star on Rivals and would be our highest rated commit. Surprised he didn't pick Nebraska.

Reactions: freddietee511

It's more accurate to say the kid was one of the better prospects left that had Pitt as a finalist but not a top prospect at all. To be fair, he was down to IU and Nebraska. He was at Pitt around the time of the "big day" in June and hasn't been back.

Reactions: Jpripper88
He actually is a 4 star on Rivals and would be our highest rated commit. Surprised he didn't pick Nebraska.

Well... By popular demand, we are using the 24/7 composite ranking as the measuring stick for a players worth... By that measurement, he is just a 3 star player....,, No big deal..... LOL!

Well... By popular demand, we are using the 24/7 composite ranking as the measuring stick for a players worth... By that measurement, he is just a 3 star player....,, No big deal..... LOL!

Not that it's no big deal, but it's true, he is a composite 3-star. If you had to choose, I suppose I feel better about a composite 3-star going elsewhere, than a composite 4-star.

Actually interesting that he chose Indiana, given his choices.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Not that it's no big deal, but it's true, he is a composite 3-star. If you had to choose, I suppose I feel better about a composite 3-star going elsewhere, than a composite 4-star.

Actually interesting that he chose Indiana, given his choices.

Banking on playing time sooner than later.

Probably saw Narduzzi wont even play 5 star DBs in Year 2

Reactions: McKee Place
what seems to be lost here....is some of our recruits most likely will land elsewhere. if the big D tackle out of Miami gets an offer from the U he is gone.

i still am not convinced the player from Montgomery AL is coming here. I understand LSU may offer.

This very weak recruiting class will likely get worse before it gets better.

what seems to be lost here....is some of our recruits most likely will land elsewhere. if the big D tackle out of Miami gets an offer from the U he is gone.

i still am not convinced the player from Montgomery AL is coming here. I understand LSU may offer.

This very weak recruiting class will likely get worse before it gets better.

I'm not too concerned about loosing a CB. We have had decent CB play under HCPN. FS/SS play not so good and more pressing (hence the ford pressure). But my concern is more of off and def play makers. We need QB/WR/LB/SS.

I'm not too concerned about loosing a CB. We have had decent CB play under HCPN. FS/SS play not so good and more pressing (hence the ford pressure). But my concern is more of off and def play makers. We need QB/WR/LB/SS.

The kid from Alabama is a D End if I recall

The kid from Miami Northwestern is a D Tackle in the mold of Rashard Duncan from the Harris/ Wanny days.

Even Boston College is good now.
When in the world will it be our turn?

When we Earn it!

And that's the problem for PITT.

It won't be our turn until we figure out how to win football games or at a minimum show up for the big ones on National TV, and when our coach who talks big can "bring it" and play big.

That's when it will be our turn otherwise we keep shuffling down the ladder.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT