ADVERTISEMENT

My .02 on Capel

NC Panther

Head Coach
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2002
I do not know this but if I had to guess, I think he's a good coach.

You simply cannot have the success that he had at VCU, Oklahoma and sitting next to the GOAT for 8 years and not come away with a good coaching acumen - impossible.

As far as recruiting - why do we forget getting two top 100 players in Hugley and Jeffress? Those two could have gone anywhere.

Not his fault Hugley went nuts and Jefress is simply too young to contribute is it?

@Matt Steinbrink thinks Champ may have tweaked his knee again and to him does not look right - not Capel's fault.

Did we blame Dixon for Birch wussing out and Dante Taylor being nothing more than a mediocre player?

How are we in the top two or three for Efton Reid? @HoustonWilson who knows a *lot* more than any of us thinks he's going to Pitt if not the D league.

There were 2 games this year where the players did not show up and that was ND and St. Francis. Put those on Capel if you want to. I'd give those a 50/50 split between the players and the coach.

Everyone points to the WF game - I mean, they shot the 3 out their ass in that game and we still had a chance to win it at the end.

Yes it's year 3 - I get that but keep in mind what he inherited - an absolute dumpster fire.

I think it's been a very tough dig out of that hole and we need to have more patience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News