ADVERTISEMENT

My choice for Pitt OC if Elko leaves Duke

He’s always been at the top of my board when we have an OC opening. Ties to Narduzzi through the Randy Walker tree. If it hasn’t happened in any previous hire it ain’t happening. He’s probably looking at a bigger job now anyway.

He’s always been at the top of my board when we have an OC opening. Ties to Narduzzi through the Randy Walker tree. If it hasn’t happened in any previous hire it ain’t happening. He’s probably looking at a bigger job now anyway.

I was thinking this would be the old school Big Ten crony hire. I dont like it.

Johns career has been so hit or miss.

He took over a Memphis offense that Norvell had humming and ran it into the ground.

Then gets to Duke and has an amazing first year.

This year was hard to judge because of Riley’s injury. But that offense wasn’t very good even before the injury.

Johns career has been so hit or miss.

He took over a Memphis offense that Norvell had humming and ran it into the ground.

Then gets to Duke and has an amazing first year.

This year was hard to judge because of Riley’s injury. But that offense wasn’t very good even before the injury.
He didn't run Memphis's offense into the ground. He did a very nice job there.

He recruited Sam Henigan to Memphis and was the OC for Henigan's freshman season. Kid threw for over 3000 yds as a true freshman. That's phenomenal.

Reactions: Faix87
He didn't run Memphis's offense into the ground. He did a very nice job there.

He recruited Sam Henigan to Memphis and was the OC for Henigan's freshman season. Kid threw for over 3000 yds as a true freshman. That's phenomenal.

Go look at their analytic rankings. Start with the offense’s ranking the year before he took to over. And then chart it every year after.

He was given an elite offense that was on the rise, he rode it that first year, and then it collapsed as it became more “his.”

I don't put stock in analytics.

There are far too many human elements that analytics can't take into account.

Look at production and the scores of their games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT