ADVERTISEMENT

N’Dee and Lund coming back

PittMBA

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2001
Cannot figure out how to imbed a tweet - but N’Dee and Lund announced they’re coming back for another season.

I’m excited for next season! Seem poised to really establish the program nationally — hopefully the new arena gets built . Exciting times for PItt volleyball.

Also- interesting they don’t list the grad transfer from Missouri. Wonder if that’s still happening.
I believe she opted out of the season at Missouri, so maybe she is still considered on active scholarship there until the academic term ends?

With these two coming back and our performance in the tournament, we should be pre-season Top 10 for the fall for sure.

Would be great to see Pitt Athletics really capitalize on the momentum from the way the wrestling and volleyball seasons ended to try and fundraise for the new arena project. After all, that’s 2/3 of the teams that would use it. Maybe they already have for donors above my tax bracket, ha!

Reactions: PittMBA
It’s great news, but from what I’ve been reading, it is happening at lots of schools. Of course, having two AAs returning is a lot better than having two average players returning.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Gonna be an uphill battle to take that next step. Not sure if anyone watched any of the national championship, but the level of play in that game was outrageous, even compared to the Pitt-Washington game in the elite 8.

Gonna be an uphill battle to take that next step. Not sure if anyone watched any of the national championship, but the level of play in that game was outrageous, even compared to the Pitt-Washington game in the elite 8.
Yeah- it’s tough to say final 4 or bust . Possible- but certainly not probable. I’d like to see the program become a top 15 main stay and make that deep run once in a while. Seems very doable right now. Build a new arena and keep Fisher and why not.

Yeah- it’s tough to say final 4 or bust . Possible- but certainly not probable. I’d like to see the program become a top 15 main stay and make that deep run once in a while. Seems very doable right now. Build a new arena and keep Fisher and why not.
Yeah I look at it this way, you can't get to the elite 8 without having a ton of talent. And there *is* a ton of talent on this team (it helps that the two most talented players are coming back). Plus, Kentucky was the first team in the SEC ever to win an NC, so perhaps pitt can make a similar run.

He has been building a program for the long haul.This just didnt start this year.(obviously)This has been building up over the past few seasons, and I have no reason to think it will end any time soon.

To me, the "next step" is not necessarily a better tournament finish, but hopefully we are able to schedule a competitive OOC schedule for the fall and win some games against some other national programs. I could see a more regional schedule in the fall to keep travel minimized, so it would be nice to see OSU, PSU, and maybe even Dayton.

I think Louisville and Georgia Tech should keep the ACC pretty respectable next year. In 2019, the ACC did a good job of loading Pitt up with the top opponents to bolster our resume.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT