ADVERTISEMENT

Najee Harris Steeler Press Conference

#99HUGHgreen

Sophomore
Jun 19, 2013
Did anyone watch this video?

Were those coving this press conference really the best available to interview the Steelers #1 draft choice?

Aside from the two female reporters (one from ESPN and one from NFL Network) the questions for him were pathetic, making Pittsburgh look like a backwards town filled with out of touch reporters. So embarrassing. Looked like Najee thought he had stepped into the twilight zone.

Reactions: Parkview57

Were those coving this press conference really the best available to interview the Steelers #1 draft choice?

Aside from the two female reporters (one from ESPN and one from NFL Network) the questions for him were pathetic, making Pittsburgh look like a backwards town filled with out of touch reporters. So embarrassing. Looked like Najee thought he had stepped into the twilight zone.

Our local media is typically looked at as below average to poor. We have some of the least intelligent and ill-informed sports personalities in the industry, which is baffling considering the sustained success of the Steelers and Penguins.

This interview is utterly embarrassing.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
I listened to it and didn't think it was that bad, to be honest. If I heard it prior to this post, I don't know that I would have thought much about it.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
Our local media is typically looked at as below average to poor. We have some of the least intelligent and ill-informed sports personalities in the industry, which is baffling considering the sustained success of the Steelers and Penguins.

You know what you say may be partly true but the reality is most markets do not have a lot of Pulitzer prize winners on their staff.

So i wonder if expectations should be tempered a bit.

Reactions: WannyandWalt

I’m not going to listen to the interview because I agree with the “below average to poor” assessment based on personal observations. True every local sports person is provincial, but the sport folks in Pgh come off as Barney Fife types on a visit to Mt. Pilot.

Reactions: CougarClaws
You know what you say may be partly true but the reality is most markets do not have a lot of Pulitzer prize winners on their staff.

So i wonder if expectations should be tempered a bit.

I’m not going to listen to the interview because I agree with the “below average to poor” assessment based on personal observations. True every local sports person is provincial, but the sport folks in Pgh come off as Barney Fife types on a visit to Mt. Pilot.
It’s not expectations. Even when our hosts bring on media members from other markets, it’s so apparent how vastly superior they are.

Pittsburgh IS filled with out of touch reporters.

Pittsburgh media at it again. Come on fellas. We seriously need some new reporters covering our Steelers.

The reporters that cover the Steelers are the laziest people led by Dale Lolley and Mark Kaboly they believe the Steelers are the earth and everything else revolves around them. Useless pile of dog crap by these two and Fiitapaldo is catching up.

Reactions: 303vND

Sports reporting is bottom of the barrel

Reactions: 303vND
I dream for Pittsburgh sports media here in Vegas. The announcers never talk sports. They talk about tv shows, dinners out and their lives. When they do talk sports, it’s a brief discussion of a national story already beaten to death. The grass is always greener, I guess.

Reactions: Pittparade
I dream for Pittsburgh sports media here in Vegas. The announcers never talk sports. They talk about tv shows, dinners out and their lives. When they do talk sports, it’s a brief discussion of a national story already beaten to death. The grass is always greener, I guess.
Surely you could dream about much better things

I assume you’re talking about Mitch and Pauly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT