ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi and Tomlin

Both teams look so terrible that its hard to triage what can be done. There isn't any aspect of either team that can even be built upon. Its September and the last relevant game in Heinz has already been played. Its like 1986 again.

Yup both hired awful coordinators. Butler stinks and the new OC isn’t much better. They were getting chunk yardage over the middle of the field and then decide to run deep outs or long passes on third and short. Flat out dumb play calling

Reactions: paulbl99
It would be interesting if the Steelers really nosedive and get pressured to really think about getting rid of Tomlin. Would Pitt (coming along with Dino) be a welcome change without uprooting the family, while also "helping" him save face and the Steelers save money? Could be an interesting wink, wink deal, but it will definitely not happen.

Tomlin should be an unbelievable recruiter, if he wanted to go to college.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
It would be interesting if the Steelers really nosedive and get pressured to really think about getting rid of Tomlin. Would Pitt (coming along with Dino) be a welcome change without uprooting the family, while also "helping" him save face and the Steelers save money? Could be an interesting wink, wink deal, but it will definitely not happen.

No chance of course but to play along.....
Tomlin over Duzz tommorow morning wouldn’t be quick enough.

If for some reason the Steelers fired Tomlin he'd most likely do a year of tv work then get a head coaching gig somewhere else in the NFL. He's 1-1 in the Super Bowl and currently no losing NFL seasons, some owner will give him a nice payday.

The Steelers don't fire coaches after one bad season so all of this talk is ridiculous, if they go 6-9-1 or even 5-10-1 they'll clean house with the assistants and high priced vets and start a 2 or 3 season re-building process.

The best thing for the Steelers would be to be bad enough for top 10 picks the next two seasons to draft a DB and QB. The only thing I'd fear in that scenario is a repeat of the 1983 draft where they pass on a franchise QB due to having Mason Rudolph aka Mark Malone 2.0 already slotted as the future QB.

I don't like this Steelers team right now. Nor the Panthers. However I can maintain a decent level of confidence the Steelers will straighten out. I still expect the next series, the next play, the next half will be a success.

Zero of that confidence for Pitt. I expect the worst pretty much every play now and that includes even preposterous penalties nobody else gets, such as a roughing the passer on a play with no pass (not that I dispute it at all).

If the Steelers line up for a FG I still expect it to be good, even with Boswell's bad start. If we do,I not only expect no good, but blocked and returned for a Td.

I earnestly expected the steelers to muster a stop in the 4th and give BR the opp to win it by 1.

Pitt, knew the UCF game was over upon their first score.

The only and i mean only moment of astonishment in our game was the punt return. That it happened at all, and that there were no penalties.

Even a first down for us or a three and out on D are becoming similar moments of amazement.

That's not totally on Narduzzi, more a culmination of 40 years despair, but not even in 1996 was I so pessimistic of EVERY play. So it's definitely a new level of hopelessness and, well, he's at the helm.

Tomlin and the Steelers, not even in that same galaxy, or is black hole a better comparison.

If for some reason the Steelers fired Tomlin he'd most likely do a year of tv work then get a head coaching gig somewhere else in the NFL. He's 1-1 in the Super Bowl and currently no losing NFL seasons, some owner will give him a nice payday.

The Steelers don't fire coaches after one bad season so all of this talk is ridiculous, if they go 6-9-1 or even 5-10-1 they'll clean house with the assistants and high priced vets and start a 2 or 3 season re-building process.

The best thing for the Steelers would be to be bad enough for top 10 picks the next two seasons to draft a DB and QB. The only thing I'd fear in that scenario is a repeat of the 1983 draft where they pass on a franchise QB due to having Mason Rudolph aka Mark Malone 2.0 already slotted as the future QB.
I agree Tomlin won't be fired and I doubt he would go to college, but I was talking about a hot seat potential and him seeing an opportunity to cross to the other side of the building and coach his son at Pitt. Unbelievably unlikely, but an interesting case that is only really prevalent right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT