ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi press conference

JokePa

Sophomore
Dec 4, 2010
I left the stadium very angry with the officials thinking we got hosed. After hearing his press conference, the way he blamed Pitt for everything was pretty remarkable. The guy had grown up a lot over the years. Gotta say I was impressed.

Defense played very well, offense showed signs of life. 300 yard passer! 100 yard rusher and 100 yard receiver! Just amazing from a few weeks ago.

Young , inexperienced team, made big mistakes, couldn’t punt even, Donovan McMillian made that stupid ass play at the end. What a bummer of a loss.

He's paid a lot of money to win. He's not winning this year. And the players are also paid a lot of money to win and they aren't winning. Neither the coaches nor the players are immune from immense scrutiny and terminations/cut from the team.

I don't want to hear Narduzzi's coach-speak and him being "gracious" and blaming Pitt for the loss. No s%$t, Sherlock! Pitt was terrible and the officials didn't lose the game for Pitt. This team is terrible in all aspects of the game. If they would have been up by 14 or even 10 late in the 4th, that call would never have been a factor.

Not absolving the officials. They were some of the worst I have ever seen in any game of any kind. Those guys should be terminated today and fined.

Reactions: 303vND
He did that early in in his tenure, calling out bad or biased calls, and the officials got back at him with even worse calls in subsequent seasons. As last night showed, they may indeed still be doing that. He also got nailed in the pocket book for telling the truth. With corrupt officiating you just can’t win, and in fact you may end up losing multiple times over. So he’s learned the hard way to censor himself

He did that early in in his tenure, calling out bad or biased calls, and the officials got back at him with even worse calls in subsequent seasons. As last night showed, they may indeed still be doing that. He also got nailed in the pocket book for telling the truth. With corrupt officiating you just can’t win, and in fact you may end up losing multiple times over. So he’s learned the hard way to censor himself

Even adequate play overcomes corrupt officiating. Pitt didn't take care of business and got beat. It just so happened that the officials were incompetent idiots and helped in what should have been a Pitt blowout. Keeping it this close against a really extremely bad WF team is what lost this game for Pitt, not the corrupt officiating.

Reactions: pittizit
Even adequate play overcomes corrupt officiating. Pitt didn't take care of business and got beat. It just so happened that the officials were incompetent idiots and helped in what should have been a Pitt blowout. Keeping it this close against a really extremely bad WF team is what lost this game for Pitt, not the corrupt officiating.
Ok. I suggest you make your opinions on the inferior coaching known to Heather and Joanie.

But this particular thread is about why Narduzzi didn’t speak out on the bad officiating, and I laid out the irrefutable facts on why he didn’t

I left the stadium very angry with the officials thinking we got hosed. After hearing his press conference, the way he blamed Pitt for everything was pretty remarkable. The guy had grown up a lot over the years. Gotta say I was impressed.

Defense played very well, offense showed signs of life. 300 yard passer! 100 yard rusher and 100 yard receiver! Just amazing from a few weeks ago.

Young , inexperienced team, made big mistakes, couldn’t punt even, Donovan McMillian made that stupid ass play at the end. What a bummer of a loss.
He called out the officials for a few things. Said they never call a PF on what mcmillon did and also said wake was holding but they weren’t calling it. He was surprisingly quiet about the slide though.

He called out the officials for a few things. Said they never call a PF on what mcmillon did and also said wake was holding but they weren’t calling it. He was surprisingly quiet about the slide though.

if ever a press conference called out for a "I gotta see the tape" quote from Narduzzi, that was it. And he failed to deliver, lol

Probably the worse officiated game I've seen, and that includes 13-9 which was the biggest fix job ever by the refs.

I usually say refs don't cost a game, but yeah, they cost this game. But I do agree you shouldn't be in that position where it comes down to a bad call to decide a game. A 3rd team QB from Wake beating you? I could understand losing to the 3rd teamer from ND, but Wake? Inexcusable.

Reactions: 303vND
Ok. I suggest you make your opinions on the inferior coaching known to Heather and Joanie.

But this particular thread is about why Narduzzi didn’t speak out on the bad officiating, and I laid out the irrefutable facts on why he didn’t

I don't think they care all that much right now. So why even mention it?

I think even Narduzzi knows enough to realize that commenting on bad officiating adds nothing to the discussion. If he doesn't realize that officiating is irrelevant when you take care of business, then I guess trying to comment about it makes sense.

Probably the worse officiated game I've seen, and that includes 13-9 which was the biggest fix job ever by the refs.

I usually say refs don't cost a game, but yeah, they cost this game. But I do agree you shouldn't be in that position where it comes down to a bad call to decide a game. A 3rd team QB from Wake beating you? I could understand losing to the 3rd teamer from ND, but Wake? Inexcusable.
As far as this thread… Let’s put it this way: Wake got the benefit of the calls 80:20 in the game. And of course, 100:0 at the end of the game when it mattered most (heck, even the td pass to Means, the WF DB was holding him the entire way down the field; the very penalty that whistled Pitt’s DBs on every single time, but ignored here. So Means beat both the DB and the ACC refs on that TD.

But it’s fine (if futile) for US to point this out. If Narduzzi pointed it out at a presser , he’d be fined, Pitt would be fined, and the conference and its dirty refs would adjust the ratio to 95:5 for the foreseeable future.

(And let me say in no way am I saying Pitt hasn’t also gotten the favorable ratio in games before. For example, I think the conference believes it’s generally better for us to win when we play the likes the Syracuse, so we tend to get the favorable calls in such games. It was likely in our favor in the ACC championship game as well; it was generally better for the conference for us to win that game, and not mediocre Wake; with Pickett in particular we were the better story that season. Last night, completely different of course. This just further points out the obvious that conference refs are dirty and it’s a practice that should be abolished. Pitt sucked at coaching and execution last night and that was the primary reason biased officiating was even able to decide the game at the end, but that still doesn’t excuse the practice)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT