ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi told defense to watch for WR pass on big play

Mike Mitchell of the Steelers did the same exact thing in the AFC Championship Game. One of the reasons I think he sucks as a free safety but that's another topic. Even in college that's inexcusable, there is no reason for the free safety to bite on that. If you're not there to be the last line of defense, you failed at your job, plain and simple.

There is literally no chance of a safety in that situation meeting the ball carrier behind the LOS, absolutely no reason to break towards the line until you're certain the back has the ball and gotten back to the LOS. It happens at every level, and every level it is a mental breakdown.

who’s fault is this?

Whitehead is an experienced player coached for 3 years. Our best athlete and highly recruited. If he Narduzzi can’t get him to make plays he won’t get anyone to
Best athlete is one thing but adding up 2+2 and getting 4 is another. Maybe thats the issue?

To be a great one you need a combo of athletism, intelligence, or a nose for the game and not all players combine these skills.

Last edited:
The players at Alabama are just sooooo much smarter. That's the difference. Yep, that's definitely it...

No. Saban lives in his office and plans for every single contingency. His preparation is why his teams are so good. I simply don't see that urgency with Narduzzi. Even last year the offense took half the year to develop. We went into the first game with seemingly 3 offensive plays and nearly lost the game. His inability to get the team ready for the season, or the post-season for that matter, is inexcusable.

No. Saban lives in his office and plans for every single contingency. His preparation is why his teams are so good. I simply don't see that urgency with Narduzzi. Even last year the offense took half the year to develop. We went into the first game with seemingly 3 offensive plays and nearly lost the game. His inability to get the team ready for the season, or the post-season for that matter, is inexcusable.
Yeah, that was sarcasm. I thought that was clear.

who’s fault is this?

Whitehead is an experienced player coached for 3 years. Our best athlete and highly recruited. If he Narduzzi can’t get him to make plays he won’t get anyone to

Obviously it is Whitehead's fault.

Is this a serious question? I mean, if you are the boss, and you tell an employee to do something, and he doesnt do it, is it your fault? How about your kids?

Reactions: Pittparade

Interesting take, I see it the complete opposite. We seem to start each half very well most every game. We seem to make few mistakes, few penalties, and really keep every game rather close. Looks to me that just a couple plays a game turn things one way or the other, we win some, we lose some. You will have that with one of the youngest teams in the country. Last year was a very good year, and again, lost most games due to a play or two.

Obviously it is Whitehead's fault.

Is this a serious question? I mean, if you are the boss, and you tell an employee to do something, and he doesnt do it, is it your fault? How about your kids?

I’m guessing you’re not a boss. I have dozens of people that report to me and if i told my boss “listen pal, I told them it’s their fault”. How long do you think i would last

I’m guessing you’re not a boss. I have dozens of people that report to me and if i told my boss “listen pal, I told them it’s their fault”. How long do you think i would last

I am the boss. lol. I wouldnt tell my boss its people's fault, the buck stops with me. I dont have a boss

Instinct reaction in 1 second... man get over it already.
We are not talking about cutting the grass or not too...

What are you talking about?

That is what I said. Whitehead bit on the run, he almost came back to make the play. The other guy said it was the coaches fault, not me.

Cutting the grass? What does that mean? Are you trying to make a swipe at my career? lol. Yeah bud

What are you talking about?

That is what I said. Whitehead bit on the run, he almost came back to make the play. The other guy said it was the coaches fault, not me.

Cutting the grass? What does that mean? Are you trying to make a swipe at my career? lol. Yeah bud

No shot at you... I just think it is crazy blaming the head coach for everything.. not like he was covering something for 30 plus years... in this instance a lapse by a player for one second and its Narduzzi's fault.

Sort of surprised no one blamed Narduzzi at the end of the first half for Ben not throwing the ball downfield and figured he could run 50 yards for a TD..

Having the best overall group of players in the country every year helps too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT