Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Lets give the man some credit:

Firsts at Pitt

- division title and conference championship game appearance

- conference championship

- finishing regular season with less than 3 losses for first time since 1983

- undefeated in the non-conference

I don't think we've been 4-0 since 2000 and not sure the last time we were 5-0, probably early 80s.

Lets give the man some credit:

Firsts at Pitt

- division title and conference championship game appearance

- conference championship

- finishing regular season with less than 3 losses for first time since 1983

- undefeated in the non-conference

I don't think we've been 4-0 since 2000 and not sure the last time we were 5-0, probably early 80s.

I always liked the guy, hard not to. I love the defense always, even if we dont have guys to run it effectively this year, it is still way better than watching the defenses of yesterday with the slow dagger defenses that would give up so much. At least we live and die with being aggressive

Reactions: TD_6082
He makes some bad decisions (kicking the FG against PSU from the one sums up his mentality) but he's our best coach since Sherrill and wins more games than many ACC coaches who have bigger attendance, bigger NIL budgets, and more local talent. With the right coordinators, he runs a good program.

He makes some bad decisions (kicking the FG against PSU from the one sums up his mentality) but he's our best coach since Sherrill and wins more games than many ACC coaches who have bigger attendance, bigger NIL budgets, and more local talent. With the right coordinators, he runs a good program.

I really felt WVU had the better team yesterday. OL and DL were significantly better. I was going to come on here and say we lost because the other team had better players so the debate we should be having is why WVU had better players? But we won.

This Pitt team reminds me of 2 teams:

Pitt Basketball 2010-11
The year after the Nova Elite 8 loss when we lost everybody. We didnt seem to have a lot of talent left on the roster but won a ton of close games including that improbable comeback at home vs WVU and wound up with a 3 seed.

TCU football natty team
I have said many times that that was a 6-6/7-5 type team who just happened to win every game close. Extremely lucky in that regard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT