ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi

May 6, 2017
Guys, he deserves appropriate criticism for sure but I can tell you that he really wants to win at PITT. He's been frustrated in recruiting and by Pitts limitations, and I think and hope he's learning how to improve things he can control. There is no doubt in my mind he loves Pitt and it burns his ass when he can't put the product on the field he wants.

I tell you this, if he got a job at place similar to Chryst he'd produce the same way Chryst has.

Agree he wants to win here. I don't think he has been bad at game time decisions or on game planning. I don't even think he himself is a bad recruiter. My biggest issue with him is his staff. He should have brought in a couple ace recruiters.

Guys, he deserves appropriate criticism for sure but I can tell you that he really wants to win at PITT. He's been frustrated in recruiting and by Pitts limitations, and I think and hope he's learning how to improve things he can control. There is no doubt in my mind he loves Pitt and it burns his ass when he can't put the product on the field he wants.

I tell you this, if he got a job at place similar to Chryst he'd produce the same way Chryst has.
Agreed. Pitt fans need to have realistic expectations.

1.) he shouldn’t be shockef by the limitations at Pitt. He should know them before he accepts the job, or he’s an idiot.

2.) not being an arrogant prick to the media and others around him might be a good start to building support.

When you fail at doing your job...no matter what the peofession....the best place to start is by looking in the mirror, not by pointing fingers.

Steel,

I'm sure Narduzzi wants to win here, and it chaps his ass when he can't put the product on the field he wants.......

BUT

1. As previously mentioned, if he didn't realize the challenges Pitt has as an urban school in a pro sports town, then he's an idiot who should not have taken the job.

2. I'm REALLY not a fan of how he's trashed former assistants after they are gone. Chaney, Canada, and this year Conklin. That's low-class from a head coach at P5 program, and frankly BS. Trashing Conklin was especially dumb since he left for a HC job, and Narduzzi retained him for three years. If Narduzzi thinks Bates is a better DC, then Narduzzi should have canned Conklin earlier instead of keeping him around.

3. Same for how Narduzzi has whined about the leadership on last year's team. It's insulting to the seniors from last year, and juniors like Brian O'Neill who were leaders.

4. If Narduzzi wants to improve things he can control, then he should start with his own stubbornness. The guy is so convinced that because his system worked at MSU it will work at Pitt. Despite the fact that this is a different conference, with different recruiting bases, and different offensive systems that Pitt faces. It is asinine. Adjust your system to fit Pitt.

I like Narduzzi, and of course I want him to be successful here. But in Year 4, this guy is still doing what's listed above. Unacceptable.

Not with Watson as the offensive coordinator

Reactions: Jpripper88

His only recruiting limitations are his own.

I want him to succeed because I think he wants to be here and succeed here. If this is the kind of defense he’s going to put out on the field it could be a great era here.

Hopefully the young receivers develop and I still worry about the o-line in the future. But I think his recruiting on the defensive side of the ball has been better than chryst’s. We still have good running backs too, plus a 4 star in salahuddin who came in this year. QB is probably better under narduzzi than it’s been since possibly Walt.

Also FWIW, Duzz now 3-1 against Georgia Tech.

Agreed. Pitt fans need to have realistic expectations.
Ok, what is the threat to the AD, the board and the coaches if they don’t meet expectations? I am a South Carolina fan first and I have seen what not settling for the best and paying for the best can do in Clemson. Money talks.

Steel,

I'm sure Narduzzi wants to win here, and it chaps his ass when he can't put the product on the field he wants.......

BUT

1. As previously mentioned, if he didn't realize the challenges Pitt has as an urban school in a pro sports town, then he's an idiot who should not have taken the job.

2. I'm REALLY not a fan of how he's trashed former assistants after they are gone. Chaney, Canada, and this year Conklin. That's low-class from a head coach at P5 program, and frankly BS. Trashing Conklin was especially dumb since he left for a HC job, and Narduzzi retained him for three years. If Narduzzi thinks Bates is a better DC, then Narduzzi should have canned Conklin earlier instead of keeping him around.

3. Same for how Narduzzi has whined about the leadership on last year's team. It's insulting to the seniors from last year, and juniors like Brian O'Neill who were leaders.

4. If Narduzzi wants to improve things he can control, then he should start with his own stubbornness. The guy is so convinced that because his system worked at MSU it will work at Pitt. Despite the fact that this is a different conference, with different recruiting bases, and different offensive systems that Pitt faces. It is asinine. Adjust your system to fit Pitt.

I like Narduzzi, and of course I want him to be successful here. But in Year 4, this guy is still doing what's listed above. Unacceptable.

I couldn’t agree with this more. I do not want to make a coaching change. But he does seem to have a stubbornness and arrogance that he really hasn’t earned as a head coach yet.

I do like Narduzzi and one thing I applaud him for is not losing his players and rebounding
today. {you learn a lot about people during crisis situations}The defense is making marketable strides. Problem is we are becoming, like Chryst did, top heavy in one specialty. The defense recruiting looks good as opposed to the offense. Crazy, how these coaches can evaluate their specialty well, and not the other side of the ball.

I do like Narduzzi and one thing I applaud him for is not losing his players and rebounding
today. {you learn a lot about people during crisis situations}The defense is making marketable strides. Problem is we are becoming, like Chryst did, top heavy in one specialty. The defense recruiting looks good as opposed to the offense. Crazy, how these coaches can evaluate their specialty well, and not the other side of the ball.
He needs a top notch OC who is a good recruiter. And he needs to be able to pay the guy 2 million if that's what it takes. You can save the money on a DC because that's PN defense regardless.DC should be a young guy who recruits well.

Reactions: pitt_fb_9x1
Steel,

BUT

Worked for me and Jimmy at The U...oh never mind wrong HC

Spot On! post

I think the PSU game gave him some humble pie to eat. Said after the game it was all on his chest and all comes back to him.

GT was picked 3rd in coastal and we handled them. Miami was picked first they are trash already and we know how we handled them last year.

We are close to competing for our side of the confernce already. I don’t think we win it this year but we are not far off. If we could throw on O I think we’d win it.

Narduzzi isn’t perfect but the PSU debacle has cast more doubt than I think it merits. 85% of what we F’d up was fixable. Yesterday was a nice rebound.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT